We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role is a key part of the Engineering Assurance team based in the IPG Business with responsibility for leading audits and overseeing broader assurance activities within Arm engineering businesses.
You’ll join a diverse, high performing team of specialists from varying backgrounds who care deeply about keeping our promises to Arm’s partners and contribute to our success by driving continuous improvement in the business. You will have a strong team and collaborative approach supporting delivery of our strategy and objectives.
Acting as a lead auditor you will ensure good practice management system audit methodology and Agile auditing principles, leadership and mentoring to ensure audit reporting of the highest quality.
You will excel in managing multiple activities simultaneously, liaising widely with throughout the organization, be detail oriented with a focus on delivery. This activity will need to be supported by positive interactions and effective relationship building based on trust and reliability. You’ll have a passion for progress and support improvements in our ways of working and interacting with the wider business.
The role is based in Cambridge, UK or Austin, Texas and requires travel both nationally and internationally (~15%).
What will I be accountable for?
- Leading internal audits for the Business Audit Program
- Scoping, planning, field work, agreeing findings, report write up
- Building strong, collaborative, inclusive and high trust relationships across the business
- Acting in an advisory/consultative capacity on area(s) of expertise
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion with regard to information
- Engaging management on corrective action plans
- Proposing new audits based on previous findings, measures, management concern, etc.
- Creating re-usable resources to enhance the quality and consistency of our audit program
Proposing and implementing improvements to our processes and procedures
What skills, experience and qualifications might I have?
- Experience auditing, ISO9001 certified quality management systems and ISO27001 certified information security management systems.
- Experience auditing in a high tech, Agile software development environment
- Sophisticated understanding of business risk and how it applies to auditing and assurance in a dynamic, complex, rapid growth environment
- Be able form judgement of process effectiveness where there is ambiguity and pursue issues to obtain clarity for senior management
- Confident self-starter with focus on interpersonal relationships
- Excellent communication, questioning and influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills, dedicated and solution oriented, you look for ways to contribute and assist the team
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving, dynamic environment whilst retaining a strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office toolkit
- Experience with leadership of audits and audit programs (internal and external)
- Experience with integrated management systems or other security standards
- Use of data and analytics to inform assurance position
- BSc or equivalent qualification in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) subject
- Experience in structured problem solving and root cause analysis techniques e.g. 8D
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- Seek diverse views and involve others - brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength - widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions - stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Take responsibility for your ongoing development, and facilitate development of those you lead
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps