We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from IoT, wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm improves people’s lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our smart low-power technology. Together we are shaping the future of a better world.
The team in Bangalore will work on all aspects physical design and tape-outs in the area of security vulnerability protections. The analog engineering team will be responsible for delivering solutions against Arm IP and hardware platform roadmaps which includes circuit design and sign-off, integration and verification, analog layout and physical sign-off, post silicon characterization and debug.
Experienced Analog Design engineer will be responsible for creating circuit designs in the area of hardware security. He will need to perform circuit design and simulation, interact with Layout engineering and on occasion with digital P&R team. Senior engineers are expected to play a tech lead role as well as develop team of Analog engineers.
The technology area will range from the mature nodes (65nm/55nm) down to the most aggressive Finfet nodes, will be on bulk as well as FDSOI processes.
Experienced Analog Design engineere will be responsible for the definition, design, verification, monitoring layout and characterization of the analog IP, as per the Arm security IP hardware roadmap. Candidate would be expected to work closely with teams in US, UK, India and other Arm locations on need basis. Candidate will work with digital designers (P&R) on digital to analog interface + analog DFT and test. Clear communication with other team members, including other analog and digital design engineers, is essential. Candidate would be expected to follow lab evaluations of the on post-silicon chip, including debugging and troubleshooting any possible system or IC level issues.
The job will be based out of Bangalore. There will be close links with teams in UK, US, India and will require regular communication and occasional travel.
Candidate needs to have minimum 15+ year technical experience, which includes one or more of the following areas
Essential Skills & Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Analog circuit design and verification
- Experience in technical lead role
- Should be very good at working with Cadence analog design environment (ADE-L, ADE-XL, Spectre)
- Should have strong knowledge on design methods and processes
- Should possess good understanding of techniques for robustness against mixed signal IC noise
- Should be able to provide area & current estimates for analog blocks
- A deep understanding of MOSFET electrical characteristics
- An understanding of power, performance, and area tradeoffs
- Good understanding of layout to effectively drive the layout design team
- Understanding of extraction methodologies and limitations
Desirable Skills & Experience
Other relevant skills include:
- Should have very good understanding of analog layout techniques/issues using Cadence Virtuso
- Experience in working on analog DFT/test techniques
- Post silicon debug and characterization
- Have an understanding of calibration and trimming techniques
- An understanding of transistor level device physics
It is essential for the successful applicant to:
- Be able to coach other design and/or layout engineers
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, looking to accept new challenges
- Must be a passionate self-starter and team player
- Professional attitude, with strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and pragmatic with regards to problem solving
- Be willing to iteratively improve designs and repeatedly attempt to develop solutions to difficult problem.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps