We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Arm has been at the forefront of providing leading edge IP designs to the latest SoC mobile systems and was key to start the mobile revolution. We build and optimize key components and systems needed for meeting the always increasing performance and efficiency goals that keeps powering the latest smartphone or complex wearable devices.
The role of Senior Product Manager is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for Cortex-A class of processors. We are looking for someone with experience in the CPU industry who is looking to take that technical knowledge and experience and develop it into a commercial role. Ideally you will have an engineering background with an interest in developing commercial and marketing acumen.
You will be instrumental in the management of products throughout their lifecycle including market requirements capture and business planning, product positioning, competitive industry trends and analysis, creation and maintenance of marketing collateral, launch planning and execution, press and analyst briefings, support of sales opportunities and definition of the product roadmap.
You will also ensure regional marketing, sales and FAE teams are equipped to sell effectively and that the products link well with other SoC components, software tools and platforms developed across Arm.
This far-reaching role, with development and support offers many opportunities to work with other Arm groups, segment marketing specialists and third-parties. The position provides an excellent opportunity to interact directly with all the leading semiconductor manufacturers and with many of the industry players, building further your network. You will discuss and shape products well ahead of their introduction.
If the challenge of working in a collaborative and innovative culture on cutting-edge technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
Occasional Travel required
What will I be accountable for?
- Managing the full product lifecycle starting with product definition through approvals, development, release and maintenance.
- Ensuring market requirements are translated effectively into engineering product requirements.
- Working closely with engineering teams worldwide to ensure product features and engineering schedules are signed off against the business plan.
- Technical schedules are monitored, and feature trade-offs made where necessary against the business plan.
- Management of collaborative relationships with Arm partners (customers) in conjunction with Account Managers (sales and FAEs) to secure licensing commitments and design wins.
- Development of collateral including presentations, white papers, benchmarks for products and their applicability in the context of Arm’s roadmaps and customer applications.
- Analysis of the competitive landscape with benchmarks and product positioning messaging.
- Development of strategies to explore new markets or expand existing ones and secure key industry and OEM endorsements.
- Collaboration and alignment within CPU engineering and across other Arm groups and divisions as well as third-parties to ensure a complete eco-system around the products.
- Planning and execution of marketing communications activities with Arm Client Outbound and Ecosystem teams, as well as the Arm Enterprise Marketing team to encompass press and analyst briefings, product launches, conference presentations and technology demonstrations.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- University degree (or equivalent qualification) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Experience writing business plans and commercial justifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers and colleagues
- Strong engineering background in high-performance CPUs with good understanding of the semiconductor landscape
- In-depth knowledge of microprocessor design, including CPU hardware and software especially on the Arm instruction set architecture (ISA) for Armv7-A and Armv8-A instruction sets
- Good understanding of SoC design, system interconnects, bus architectures and topology configurations including cache coherency, QoS (Quality of Service) and AMBA bus interface standards
- Knowledge of EDA flows for implementation, system and software development
- Product management experience in the semiconductor industry ideally with products deployed in the field
- Experience in writing business plans and commercial justifications
- Experience of customer interaction of a technical nature – ideally in a field applications, technical support role or through engineering development work
- Understanding of process technology nodes and implementation of IP products
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps