We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Open Source Software (OSS) team is responsible for developing and improving the software eco-system around Arm's next generation of applications processors. Your presence adds value by helping the OSS project team collectively meet deadlines and deliverables for the project, whilst working alongside the project management team in realizing objectives of the projects within Arm.
You will proactively assist project managers in ensuring future events will occur as planned within the constraints of the project scope, time & cost & within Arm’s project Governance. This vital coordinating role allows the team to focus their attention on leading & driving the projects forward.
You will often be required to wear many hats during the life of a project becoming a trusted and valued member of the project team and able to deputise and support the project team, as you live our Core Beliefs.
This role may require occasional travel to work across Arm Design Centers and with Arm Partners.
Education & Qualifications
A university degree in a technical field is desired, although other degrees or similar levels of education will be considered, especially if supported by some commercial experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- First class communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of project teams in a rapidly changing development environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to extract, analyze, summarize and report information & metrics.
- Proactively follow-up on actions
- Proficient with the usage of MS Office tools; Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- A clear understanding of the concepts of risk management.
- Ability to communicate with and understand highly skilled engineering teams.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Familiar with project processes and tools such as JIRA and Microsoft Project
- Comfortable with configuration methods, versioning and documentation tools.
- Knowledge of a range of software development lifecycle methods (e.g. waterfall, iterative, agile).
- Self-motivated, looking to accept new challenges.
- Pro-active and pragmatic with regards to problem-solving.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps