We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are hiring an experienced Senior Project Manager to work closely with the engineering teams to ensure good quality, on-spec, and on-time delivery of Systems products. The specific responsibilities include project definition, planning, scheduling and execution against committed timelines.
Effective project management is central to successful delivery within the Arm Systems group. Our team of project managers have a wide range of backgrounds and they play a leading role in our multi-disciplinary group, taking accountability for ensuring delivery of high-quality products from conception through to release. This is achieved by collaborating closely with engineering and product management and by working with and supporting the other project managers in the team.
The Central Engineering Systems Group produces a variety of IP hardware products (Systems IP, Security IP, Subsystems, Test Chips, Display, ISP) for mobile and embedded devices. If the challenge of working on our cutting-edge System IP technology excites you, we are looking for talented people to join our growing team.
This role will require some level of travel to work across Arm Design Centers and with Arm Partners.
You work in a medium or large team allowing your ideas to make a difference, you challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of Systems IP.
- You have the opportunity to work with extraordinary companies, who are making world-leading products based on Arm's IP.
- Delivering project management for complex IPs using the latest methodologies, improving the way we work.
- Lead internal project dependencies and work alongside the best engineers in the world to ensure project success.
- Own planning, scheduling, resource allocation, tracking and monitoring, working closely with the technical leads and engineering managers.
- Capture, monitor and manage risks and issues.
- Motivate and drive teams to deliver against commitments and deadlines.
- Work with project partners across the organization to communicate project status, manage dependencies and facilitate the optimal flow of progress.
- Work constructively and pro-actively to help continually develop and improve our processes and ways of working.
- Have a can-do attitude and be a collaborative member of the leadership team.
- You will have a consistent track record in managing and successful delivery of hardware projects, ideally from the project initiation phase until the product delivery.
- You will bring a demonstrated ability in building plans from a high level to a detailed schedule.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, in Engineering, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant Project Management experience.
- You will possess the ability to track monitor and control project activity across multiple locations and disciplines.
- Technical background in System IP/SoC design development.
- Formal project management qualification (e.g PMP, Prince2).
- Knowledge of project tools e.g. Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence.
- Comfortable with configuration methods, versioning and documentation tools.
- Understanding of a range of software and hardware development lifecycle methods (e.g., waterfall, iterative, agile).
- Happy communicating with a diverse group, including engineers, marketing and business.
- Self-motivated, looking to accept new challenges.
- Professional attitude, with strong attention to detail.
- Pro-active and pragmatic with regards to problem-solving.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps