We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm's Image Signal Processor group provides image processing technology for a range of markets and use cases, including surveillance cameras, drones and automobiles. The SoCs at the heart of these devices use our “intellectual property” in the form of software and hardware designs, which is the culmination of man-decades of research and experimentation in the field of imaging.
This position works within an exceptional team of software engineers to deliver software models of our world leading image and video processing algorithms. The successful candidate will work on an exciting variety of cutting-edge projects for simultaneous localization and mapping engine (SLAM) and image signal processor (ISP) solutions.
What will I be accountable for?
- Develop C++ models for various SLAM and ISP blocks
- Develop and maintain C++ framework and testing the features offered by the frameworks.
- Models vs RTL co-verification
- Efficient implementation of algorithms that takes less resources.
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various blocks and framework.
- Participate into continuous integration
- Own an entire model for ISP/SLAM product.
- Participate in tools development requirements collection.
- Be involved in model integration with other ISP/SLAM products (tools, drivers).
- Participate in document framework (mechanism to generate documentation based on information from models).
- Work with image quality experts to determine requirements for processing and creating test cases with real images that would test Image Quality features of the block.
- Daily usage of software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review.
- Support the development of large data sets and data pipelines for system training and evaluation.
- Develop high-quality software designs that allows for both high-performance and maintainable software
- Identifying and solving software quality issues by debugging different modules of the image processing algorithms
What skills and qualifications do I need?
- Strong C++ development experience.
- Strong computer science foundations, with focus on vision
- Development skills in Python, Shell, GPU programming, OpenCV, Matlab.
- Understanding of image processing algorithms
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Can thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Experience in Robotics, SLAM, AI, or Computer Vision a plus.
- Exposure to Tensor Flow using Google colab or Keras python is a plus.
- Proficiency in linear algebra, probability, statistics
- Experience with graphics hardware architecture
- Experience with 3D reconstruction algorithms
- Understanding of multiple view geometry
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a related subject such as Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science. Master’s preferred.
- Strong background in advanced computer vision.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps