We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Product management in the Infrastructure business at Arm covers all aspects of the specification, marketing, and promotion of Arm Neoverse branded products. This opening is specifically focused on CPU, but also can cover related IP and technology. The expected level of technical competence is very high, but so is the access to engineering leads and design information both inside Arm and with Arm partners. The product management role requires highly effective communication and collaborative skills, experience creating crisp product collateral, and of course high integrity and a strong respect for information security. This role provides an opportunity to interact directly with the leading semiconductor manufacturers and some of the largest infrastructure OEMs, ODMs, and data center and telco operators.
If the challenge of working on high performance CPU, and SoC technology at the cutting-edge of the industry excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description, we look forward to receiving your application!
The Product Manager is responsible for marketing existing Arm processors and related IP and for defining future Arm products. They will manage Neoverse branded CPUs and other products throughout their lifecycle and will be measured on the quality of product collateral and the success in licensing and deployment of Arm technology in server and networking infrastructure markets. The role also involves market requirements capture and business planning, competitive industry analysis, creation and maintenance of marketing collateral, launch planning and execution, editor and analyst briefings, support of sales opportunities, and product setup in the internal database systems. The product manager will also ensure that the sales and FAE teams receive suitable product training and are equipped to sell effectively.
They will also work with other Arm divisions, go to market teams and third-parties to ensure the availability of key SoC IP, tools, software support, and development platforms to provide a complete solution.
What will I be accountable for?
- Development and management of collaborative relationships with Arm partners (customers) in conjunction with Account Managers (sales) to secure licensing commitments and key design wins.
- Development of collateral including presentations, white papers, social media content, recorded videos, and benchmarks for product showing strong value proposition for the products and their applicability in the context of Arm’s roadmap and customer applications.
- Development of strategies in conjunction with other Arm marketing groups to explore new markets or expand existing ones and secure key industry and OEM endorsements.
- Managing the Product lifecycle starting with product definition through approvals, development, release and maintenance.
- Define software required to enable product success, and drive Arm and 3rd party engineering delivery against requirements.
- Support for the sales and application engineering force. The product manager is expected to become extremely knowledgeable on the product and to stand in for the engineering team when necessary. The product manager is responsible for supporting sales directly and for training the applications engineering force.
- Collaboration with other Arm divisions and third-parties to ensure a complete eco-system around the product.
- Planning and execution of marketing communications activities with Arm Marcom to encompass press and analyst briefings, product launches, conference presentations and technology demonstrations.
What skills, experience, and qualifications will you bring?
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. MBA may be helpful if transitioning directly from an engineering role into product management.
- Good knowledge of microprocessor design and the semiconductor market
- Understanding System on a Chip hardware design and software
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Strong engineering background and degree level qualification
- Willingness to travel extensively (25 to 50%) to meet with customers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills in front of small and large groups
- Experience with customer interaction of a technical nature – ideally in a field applications or technical support role - as well as development work.
- Experience writing business plans and commercial justifications
- Experience of embedded systems development in one or more of the following: software coding (C or C++), Linux or Android development, debugging, testing.
- Professional experience with SoC design.
- Understanding of implementation and process technology
- Knowledge of RISC CPU architectures
- Knowledge of EDA flows for implementation, system and software development
- Interpersonal Skills
- Capable of working as a team player or independently
- Highly motivated, reliable
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps