We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for a passionate security architect to drive innovation in mobile computing.
We are building a team devoted to creating the best possible mobile systems.
Arm’s success in mobile markets depends on products that combine hardware and software requirements to form compelling solutions. We work closely across Arm groups, and with partners across the ecosystem, including an exciting range of premier silicon providers (SiPs) and OEMs, as well as operating system vendors (OSVs), middleware, and content developers.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Security Architect, who can:
- Define end-end security requirements for new and evolving use cases in a variety of Compute markets and price points.
- Collaborate with architects at Arm and key ecosystem partners to drive unified security standards for Arm-based Client devices.
- Provide thought leadership across the industry on the future of Security for the world's most used devices and applications.
You should have a track record of developing and delivering security solutions for the smartphone or other compute markets. You will have lead Security initiatives as an architect or senior designer at an OEM, SiP, OSV, or content developer. You should be able to lead and inspire colleagues, with a deep understanding of how software and hardware work together in modern mobile ecosystems.
What will I be accountable for?
- Work with Partners and Arm teams to improve state of the art Security Solutions, covering Silicon to cloud services
- Evaluate emerging and existing Security use cases, distil and define end-end requirements
- Align roadmaps with the needs of Content Providers, OEMs, and OSVs, working across Arm's Technology, Architecture, and Service teams.
- Clearly and effectively communicating with internal and external teams, lead architects, and senior management.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 7 years expertise, including considerable Security experience.
Several, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Experience deploying Content protection, device attestation, and/or identity services
- Familiarity with prevailing industry standards, such as those from Common Criteria (PP084), GlobalPlatform, FIDO, and the Trusted Computing Group
- Good knowledge of cryptography standards, requirements, and institutions such as FIPS and CNNIC
- Knowledge of DRM requirements, standards, and implementations including Widevine.
- A working knowledge of SoC Security approaches: system partitioning, deployment of a Trusted Execution Environment, and/or a Secure Element.
- Knowledge of requirements for Trusted Boot.
- You will additionally have:
- Great analytical skills - we will persuade our partners through well-presented data.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps