We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The role of Arm’s Hyperscale Infrastructure Partners team is to develop very deep and expansive relationships with Hyperscale companies and communities. The team leads the business and technical engagements with these companies to ensure that their products are optimized for deployment on Arm devices. The team also has the responsibility for looking for ways to develop potential commercial relationships with the partner companies, either through direct or indirect channels. The team will look for creative and unusual ways to improve and grow the value chain. Additionally, the team’s role includes working with our divisions to define new products, working with our partners to identify and further market opportunities, speaking at industry forums, and crafting various marketing materials.
Reporting to the VP of Hyperscale Infrastructure Partners the Business Development Director has responsibility for the definition, articulation and execution of customized, strategic programs with the Hyperscale partner companies and ecosystem communities. You will be seen as an Arm ambassador to current and prospective ecosystem partners. You will lead the relationships and business development activities at a specific set of partners, develop new business either directly or indirectly with them, and ensure that Arm’s engineering and business teams understand the partners’ strategies and technology needs/roadmaps.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will lead the partner relationship and coordinate Arm’s activities and interactions with them. Identify the key partners and develop relationships between Arm and the customer at the technical, business and executive levels.
- You will develop account plans that deliver benefit to Arm and to the partner in equal measure
- You will work strategically with other partners in the organization and across Arm to increase the awareness of and the value proposition for Arm based technology in additional development groups inside the partner organizations
- You will understand customer requirements, product plans and roadmaps and communicate/advocate those within Arm.
- You will develop new business either directly or indirectly with partners
- You will drive mid-to-long term strategic direction for applicable sub-segments, aligning internal product and ecosystem developments
- You will strategically develop new market opportunities
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering or other applicable discipline required.
- Minimum 10 years of technology sales, or business development experience in a technology business-to-business hyperscale sales environment.
- Able to learn new and sometimes complex material and identify key takeaway points.
- Able to lead and advance many projects at a time and adapt quickly to the unexpected.
- Account Management: Experience in developing and executing account plans.
- Shown Delivery of Results: Proven results orientation as displayed by past achievement in successfully executed marketing or sales initiatives on an international scale in the semiconductor industry.
- Creativity: Ability to define new technical concepts and potentially disruptive business strategies to solve technical and business challenges or create new business leads.
- Analysis: Ability to analyze industry dynamics with a view to developing practical strategies for gaining market share.
- Social Skills: Capable of aligning multiple partners to pursue new strategies and tactical implementation of multi-pronged strategies
- Technical Knowledge: Working knowledge of Arm cores, tools, boards, application’s software, and systems
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary: We not I
Passion for progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Be your brilliant self
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Arm's Seattle office features staff mostly in the Marketing department to support the high tech industry in the area. Located in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle has a temperate climate that boasts cool, wet winters and warm, relatively dry summers, making it ideal for sailing, skiing, bicycling, camping and hiking year-round.