We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society.
Arm's growth in scale and complexity is providing opportunities for our Procurement team to continue their evolution, whilst contributing to the broader needs of our changing business.
Arm has an opportunity for a highly motivated Category Manager to help us continue shaping Indirect Procurement. You are interested in the procurement digital journey. You enjoy working in cross functional teams. You will bring leading practice thinking and solutions. If this inspires and sounds familiar, please contact us because we would like to talk to you.
What Are the Categories?
- Marketing Services
- People/Employee Services
- Professional Services
- Property & Facility Management
- Travel & Events
- Fleet & Transportation
What Categories are in your scope
- Marketing services
- Meetings and events
- Fleet and transportation
The role accountabilities
- You will lead assigned category / sub-categories (all geographies) with an initial focus on UK and US, covering designated categories / sub-categories with an Indirect Procurement focus (“Corporate Services”).
- You will build / maintain strong working relationships with key business functions and stakeholders.
- You will create, contribute to, and align category strategies with our business function plans and priorities.
- You will create sourcing plans and lead sourcing projects that maximise benefits.
- You will create supplier management plans and work with business function colleagues to drive supplier performance that is in line with business expectations.
The role responsibilities
Category Management and Governance
- Implement category governance.
- Engage with business to ensure full alignment, understanding and adoption of roles and responsibilities as per agreed governance model.
- Develop category strategies / plans.
- Document relevant business strategies, budgets, plans, and priorities Eg per category/sub-category; implement local/regional/global planning processes, linking budget and procurement plans.
- Analyze spend data to understand the supplier landscape and identify sourcing opportunities; and, also to create improved visibility of global suppliers and our business requirements.
- Analyze supply market dynamics and supplier capabilities; and, in close collaboration with internal business functions identify/ challenge demand and specifications.
- Maintain and provide category strategy, and project/initiative progress and performance tracking and reporting (including versus targets and objectives).
- Support local / regional teams and coach category management, sourcing, supplier management processes.
- Initiate sourcing activities aligned to category and sourcing plans. Develop powerful sourcing strategies and tactics.
- Lead global and regional sourcing projects; taking a hands-on approach for mid to large size sourcing projects / initiatives using tried and tested methodologies (RFI/RFP/RFQ).
- Support small sourcing projects in all geographies.
- Establish strategies / solutions to address our tail spend suppliers.
- Ensure effective handover of contracts to global / regional / local business functions for implementation and contract management.
- Work with our Legal partners to build relevant contract templates for small and large purchases (global and local sourcing); and, implement best-in-class contracts.
- Lead supplier management in partnership with business function colleagues.
- Ensure high quality contracts repository and smooth call-off processes (with / without SAP Ariba) by working with Procurement P2P/P2R team members.
- Support supplier on/off boarding.
- Monitor and manage in-life supplier performance and lead on supplier improvement plans.
- Supplier Risk and risk mitigation plans.
Suppliers Relationship Management (SRM)
- Lead supplier relationship management and performance communications.
- Lead and organise business reviews and relationship meetings with suppliers.
- Supplier concerns, issues escalation and resolutions.
Process development and compliance
- Fine-tune relevant business processes for your in-scope category / sub-categories.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and provide feedback to internal Procurement colleagues and cross functional partners.
- Focus on compliance, controls and guide the application of relevant Arm policies.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- You have an MBA or similar.
- You have demonstrable experience as Category Manager in a Procurement function.
- You have a track record in developing category strategies; and, successfully leading sourcing and supplier management activities for indirect procurement categories.
- You have experience of working in complex, high and low maturity global organizations, and leading cross-functional project teams.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are an advanced level user in Excel and have knowledge of / have used eProcurement and e-Sourcing methodology and tools.
- You are willing to relocate to Cambridge (UK).
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps