We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Joining the Development Solutions team, you will become part of a distributed workforce, providing automated build, test and development solutions along with support to the engineering community.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
As a member of the Infrastructure team, work will be a mixture of both development and support, ranging from implementation & deployment of core systems, to maintenance tasks and tutoring on how best to use the services we provide.
Our day-to-day work is dynamic and the following are examples of tasks you are likely to be involved in:
• Providing infrastructure solutions for development teams across IoT, mobile, enterprise and networking segments
• Multi-site deployments, maintenance and performance optimisation of core systems
• Providing timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by our partners
• Providing technical support, advice and direction to partners
• Investigation and implementation of new systems/features
• Requirements analysis and task breakdown
• Communication & collaboration with engineering IT and other ARM infrastructure groups
A successful candidate will be flexible, with a variety of software development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
- Working towards a degree in computer science or similar
- A demonstrable good level of proficiency in Python.
- A good level of proficiency in at least one other programming language such as Java, C, C++, Perl and a willingness and capability to learn more.
- Experience in Unix (Linux) Systems Administration and shell scripting
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps