We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The aim of our Graduate Development Programme is to develop your potential and expand the opportunities for you – giving you an incredible variety of potential career paths. We’ll support you with continuous learning and development through a blend of on the job and formal training, mentoring and a knowledge network while encouraging you to achieve professional chartered status.
Together, we will shape the lifestyles of the next billion people in a better world – one that’s always-on, always-connected.
Media Engineering Team
Arm offers a very wide IP portfolio to the market and is organized into several product divisions, each focused on delivering market leading technology roadmaps.
The Media team, part of the wider Central Engineering organisation in the IP Group in Arm, produce Graphics hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. The Mali™ range of Graphics Processors (GPUs) offers an advanced, programmable architecture for hardware acceleration of 2D and 3D graphics. Our flagship Mali-G76 series multi-core GPU sets a new standard for graphics and compute performance, while continuing the Arm tradition of low-power consumption. Our GPU hardware is supported by high performance software drivers for OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL running on multiple different operating systems, including Android, Linux. In the Media Engineering Team you have a rare opportunity to work on cutting edge graphics and compute technology with a high achieving international team. If you would like to shape the future of mobile devices, this is the place to be!
Arm Norway is the birthplace of our Mali GPUs. We are seeking a range of talented and hardworking Graduates to join our software Team.
From day one, you we will give you real responsibility and you will start working on live projects, where you will apply your existing knowledge and skills, and begin your developmental journey to becoming a first class Arm Engineer.
So, if you are looking to kick-start a successful engineering career with a world-leading organisation, in a dynamic and highly motivated team environment where your hard work will be recognised and rewarded, then Arm wants to hear from you today
Education & Qualifications
You will need at least a 2.1 in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or other relevant degree subject (or equivalent).
Essential Skills & Experience
- You have knowledge and a strong interest in the principles of 3D graphics
- You have sound knowledge and understanding of C/C++
- You have a passion for all aspects of software engineering both within, and outside your degree course
- You are a strong team-player, and have good interpersonal skills
- Your are dedicated, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- You have ability to work to tight deadlines
- You are motivated to work both unsupervised and as part of a project team.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience of application, driver, or OS development (e.g. iPhone, Xbox XNA, or open source projects)
- Understanding of embedded systems and how they function
- Exposure to standards like OpenGL ES, OpenCL, EGL or Direct3D and DirectX” to “Exposure to standards like Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, EGL or Direct3D and DirectX
- Awareness of software development lifecycle and processes
- Use of revision control systems, bug tracking applications, and UML
- Previous work experience within a software environment would be an advantage
- Exposure to 3D graphics programming, graphics processors, or video processing would be an advantage
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Broadband, Internet home connection
- Two weeks paid leave for dads when baby is born
- Holiday, 6 (six) weeks as per Norwegian Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, subsidised lunch, fitness gym in building, game room, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Trondheim office focuses on expertise in graphics hardware, driver software, FPGA and ASIC implementation and performance analysis. Our office used to be a bank, and we now use the vault as a games room! Trondheim is a picturesque city located on the Trondheimsfjord and an excellent place to see the beautiful aurora borealis.
Arm Norway AS
Olav Tryggvassons gt. 39-41