We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Technology Services Group at Arm is designed to assist colleagues across all of Arm's Engineering population with infrastructure that is evaluated and deployed alongside a deep understanding of the huge variety of work that the company does and what will work best at Arm. We are looking for hardworking and enthusiastic engineer to join a Software team based in Cambridge with an ambition to become a crucial member of the team.
We combine people, technology and domain specific knowledge to craft systems and services for Arm’s Engineering workforce that improve their productivity. It is a complicated and at times, but there are many opportunities for people who take pride in and enjoy developing these services and systems to make a real difference.
What can you expect to work on?
You will have a chance to work across a range of systems, services and tools to provide first-class development environments and productivity tools for both hardware and software engineers around Arm, enabling them to perform the job effectively and efficiently. The domains and areas typically include:
- Developing workflow tooling under industry large scale clustered compute environments.
- Software build and test solutions such as Jenkins, Bamboo and Artifactory
- Exploiting Virtualisation and cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- Web application development
Our days can be highly dynamic and are usually a mixture of both development and supporting the engineering community with advice on how best to utilize the tools and systems we have available. Development activities range from small incremental improvements and bug fixes to multi-month strategic scale projects. In all of our activities we usually spend a large amount of time interacting with the other engineering teams in Arm.
Essential skills and experience:
- A good university degree in computer science/software engineering or equivalent
- A strong level of proficiency in at least one:
- Compiled programming language such as Java, C, C++ or Go
- Interpreted programming language such as Python, Ruby or Perl
- Experience of handling Linux based infrastructure
- A working knowledge of agile software development
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc)
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in developing and deploying services under Virtualisation and cloud technologies
- Passionate about software development and automation
- Have an active interest in Open Source Software
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibility
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps