We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking to expand our growing team with a talented and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to work on analytics platform development projects.
You will be working as part of a team to maintain, develop, test and operate a complex software stack for a high performance and resilient platform that will meet the analytics needs of ARM’s global engineering team. You will enjoy a challenge, coding and developing complete systems to a high standard.
Working in the Engineering Analytics Team which is part of the ARM Technology Services Group (TSG) we are responsible for ensuring that we have a confirmed understanding of both our engineering infrastructure, and the engineering workflows that run on top of it. By applying a mixture of Data Engineering, Data Visualisation and Data Science disciplines to a variety of complex engineering data problems.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your DevOps skills to a very complicated big data analytics platform.
Required skills and qualifications
- A working understanding of one or more programming languages such as Scala, Java, Bash, Python.
- Strong Linux administration skills and experiences managing large infrastrcutre or cluster.
- Experiences with CI/CD tools using Jenkins or CircleCI.
- Experience with containers administration using Docker, Kubernetes..etc.
- Experiences with automation and configuration management system( e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Knowledge of logging management and monitoring using ELK, Splunk, Prometheus..etc.
- Experiences using cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of using version control systems, such as git, svn..etc.
- Experiences with big data techonolgies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Presto)
- Happy to work in a dynamic and an agile environment.
We would be even more impressed if you have had experience/if you are passionate about the following:
- NoSQL distributed databases, such as Cassandra, Scylla
- Stream processing framework for distributed, always-available data streaming applications like Flink or Kafka streams
- Large scale clustered compute environments, such as Mesos, Platform LSF
- Data analysis and visualisation using Hadoop, Spark, Tableau and similar
- Software build and test solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo.
Additionally, you will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Highly inventive
- Passionate about making a difference
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps