We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This new role is for the position of Functional Safety Manager within the Machine Learning Engineering Group. You will be the safety authority for Machine Learning products, working on both hardware and software technologies.
This is a rare opportunity for you to become a part of the Arm Machine Learning group, and be at the forefront of advanced machine learning IP products for the consumer, embedded and automotive markets.
The primary market requiring high levels of functional safety is automotive however this is expected to broaden in the near future as the adoption of ML extends into new markets. You will join an international team of creative engineers working together to drive this adoption of machine learning.
Arm has a well-established process around functional safety for hardware, but is still developing around software, and therefore you will have deep functional safety software experience.
What will you be accountable for?
You will own the functional safety activities within the ML group, including:
- Execution of Arm functional safety process and management of the safety related work-products for Machine Learning engineering.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to the engineering and project management teams.
- Leading the interactions with our customers and 3rd parties for safety related activities.
- Establishing standard methodologies, tools and practices to enable efficient application and adoption of safety processes.
- Being the review authority for the safety work products and will oversee the assessment and audit activities.
- Fostering the safety culture within the organisation and build training plans to develop the team.
- Working with the Engineering Directors across the group and collaborating with the other safety authorities across the engineering community.
What skills, experience, and qualifications will you need?
- You have confirmed experience with managing programmes that follow ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508, IEC 61511, EN 5012X, DO-254, DO-178C safety standards.
- You have experience with developing functional safety processes and documentation, in particular for software products and tools.
- Certification as a functional safety professional and/or assessor is desirable but not necessary.
- Experience with the design of semiconductor IP, processing units, or software is desirable.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps