We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
An opportunity to shape the future of network infrastructure SoC solutions from edge to cloud with an innovative company and growing team. The Infrastructure Line of Business is a cross-functional technical and commercial team that engages multiple levels in value chain through the Arm partnership. The team drives our networking system architecture and product roadmaps - hardware IP and software. This team has the ultimate objective of driving Arm’s market share in 5G through strategic enterprise deployments and the optimization of software and systems for specific application solutions in the market. The team provides technical leadership for interactions with key semiconductor partners, OEMs, ODMs, Operators, and eco-system partners.
What will I be accountable for?
- Develop and optimize future Arm reference architectures and compute platforms for emerging edge compute, 5G wireless, and software defined networks.
- Engage with end customers such as OEMs, Networking system companies and telecom operators to understand enterprise use-cases, requirements, risks and opportunities.
- Architect state-of-the-art solutions leveraging Arm’s wide expertise in architecture, design and open source software.
- Evangelize Arm solutions with Arm partners and wider industry, demonstrating both maturity of vision and technical leadership.
- Represent Arm’s interests at industry forums and technology working groups with goal of enabling widespread adoption of Arm solutions.
- Support Product Managers on next-gen requirements and customer adoption of technology.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience)
- Strong understanding of software defined networks and virtualization
- Thorough understanding of 4G/5G Wireless Networking Infrastructure architecture, RAN architecture, and function deployment splits
- Good understanding of software stack for advanced networking systems including deployments for SD-WAN, SDN, NFV, DPDK, VNF/CNFs, PDCP, RLC, MAC, PHY-U, PHY-L and other networking stacks
- 7+ years related work experience as a networking SoC architect
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with system performance benchmarking
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Ability to lead cross-functional architecture and/or engineering teams
- Knowledge of Arm architecture and eco-system
- Experience driving industry standards
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps