We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are the CPU Technology team, part of the Arm Central Technology Group. This diverse engineering centric group invents, defines and architects Technologies to be deployed in tomorrow's IP solutions from Arm. Our team researches next-generation Arm CPUs, developing the technological ingredients that will eventually fuel billions of future Arm devices worldwide.
What are your responsibilities as a CPU Technology Architect?
- Investigate key technologies which both sustain the existing Arm CPU product roadmaps, and enable new products for emerging markets.
- Develop deep understanding of all aspects of CPU performance, including the various trade-offs between power efficiency, deployment cost, versatility, and design/validation complexity which are all required to achieve successful products.
- Acquire application specific knowledge in key areas such as DSP and ML in order to be able to create optimised CPU designs for specific application domains.
- Use both analytical skills and sophisticated statistical modelling/automation techniques such as ML to evaluate new technologies and to perform complex trade-offs.
- Engage with various engineering teams across the globe, with direct relationships with the CPU design and performance modelling teams, and the Arm Architecture group.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do You need?
- You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related science
- You have bare minimum of 5 years of either software, hardware, or mathematic experience
- You have experience of CPU or DSP micro-architecture design
- You have a passion to innovate, think different, explore new avenues
- You are able to be both self-sufficient alone and excel in a team environment
- You approach complex tasks with a combination of enthusiasm, drive and diligence
- You have good written and verbal communication skills
- CPU/DSP performance modelling and benchmarking
- Expertise in specific micro-architectural design aspects such as branch prediction, prefetching techniques, memory hierarchy design
- RTL level design / proto-typing using logic synthesis
- C/C++ and high-level scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Ruby
- DSP software kernels
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are hiring for multiple positions
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps