We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The Licensing Manager, a member of the Client Line of Business (LoB) operations team reporting to the Senior LoB Licensing Manager, will represent the Client LoB on commercial IP licensing deals and contract negotiations.
What will I be accountable for?
- Own the contract negotiation process from a business model and pricing perspective.
- Drive the structure of business deals with minimal input from senior management and rely instead on breadth of experience and deep knowledge of the EDA/microprocessor or Software industry combined with input from Arm legal, sales, and finance teams.
- Direct Arm teams on the revenue implications of business deal structures and suggest alternative structures.
- Gain visibility at the board level via interface with senior executives regarding deal status and corresponding factors.
- Ensure revenue targets are met.
- Travel on occasion with the sales team on customer visits to provide comprehensive knowledge on licensing, pricing, and business model and related issues.
Some of the day to day responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Review and negotiate contracts that (a) capture customer requirements, (b) advance business objectives through proper structuring of deals (c) achieve appropriate pricing goals for products and (d) maintain alignment with engineering parameters.
- Respond quickly to customers in complex discussions about licensing issues with the capability to flex business models to adapt to complex market and customer situations.
- Enter and process complex and non-standard business deals through SAP and maintain SAP information to enable proper revenue recognition processing.
- Aid the sales team on applying revenue recognition rules (working closely with finance) and on pricing and business model issues.
- Develop strong working relationships across the global Arm organization to identify issues, overcome blocks, and efficiently close deals.
- Stay informed on the progress and status of the deals weekly and frequently present updates to senior management regarding impact on quarterly revenue forecast.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- MBA or MS preferred BS in Electronics, Software engineering, Mathematics or similar required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in software, semiconductor or EDA industry required
- Knowledge of IP contracts and contract structure
- Negotiation skills
- Sales or account management experience
- An understanding of ARM’s business models
- Knowledge of SoC design flow and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Foundries
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps