We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role presents an opportunity to move into Machine Learning, a key development for the future of computing.
Arm is entering a new growth phase to develop innovative technologies for existing and new markets. To do this we need talented and motivated people to join our global team. At Arm you will develop IP that will enable our partners as they build sector-leading products. This role will see you use your knowledge of digital verification to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team which includes hardware designers, verification engineers, software engineers and Machine Learning specialists. Your work will make a difference and you’ll share ideas with and learn new skills from some of the best engineers in the world.
This is a chance to create the Arm technology that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more...
You will be based at our office in Cambridge, but would also interact with colleagues from our global sites.
At Arm, verification is a key part of the IP development process and is planned and executed by dedicated verification engineers who are involved in all stages of the project from architecture and methodology definition, to design sign-off. We use a variety of techniques to verify our designs.
To be effective in this role, we expect that you would already have experience of simulation-based verification and be familiar with constrained-random testing and SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches.
Experience in verification of complex IP is highly desireable and we will expect you to tackle dynamic and complex technical challenges.
You will ideally be familiar with the full lifecycle of a testbench including planning/architecting, implementing and debugging through to coverage closure and soak testing. You will help estimate work and be able to provide clear status reporting.
As an engineer you should be flexible, with a range of skills and have a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge. We will need you to be willing to engage widely with our diverse team to jointly find constructive solutions to the technical challenges we will face in this fast moving new area.
You would ideally have proven skills in the following areas:
- Experience of crafting environments for functional verification.
- Experience with SystemVerilog for verification.
- Familiarity with UVM or a similar methodology.
- Clarity of communication and team working.
You may also have experience with (or perhaps be keen to learn) some of the following technologies:
- Object oriented software development with C++.
- Formal verification.
- Scripting with Python.
- Arm assembly language.
- Machine Intelligence, Neural Networks or Computer Vision.
Education & qualifications:
You probably have at least a degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps