We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional position will allow you to work alongside technology experts across Arm.
Does helping to build the future of Arm technology in state of the art areas like visual computing interest you? Think about making emerging applications for Augmented Reality possible. Through the development of system concepts, analysis and optimisation you could be a part of developing future Arm architecture and product developments for these applications.
Are you a forward-thinking, passionate, engineer motivated by the challenge of working on this ground-breaking technology? If so, we look forward to learning more about you. Please note this role can be performed either from our Cambridge based office or our Sophia Antipolis office.
Working in the Architecture and Technology systems architecture group:
- You will be part of a team that will build an understanding of how to develop Arm technology for Augmented Reality applications.
- You will develop concepts for visual computing systems from top-down partitioning through to investigations, such as implementing and optimising algorithms to assess their suitability against market requirements.
- You will collaborate with our global team of architects and designers to influence future Arm architectures and Arm IP products.
You should have knowledge and skills in several of the following areas:
- Image signal processing.
- Computer vision and/or machine learning.
- Partitioning applications across heterogeneous systems, including CPU, DSP and other hardware acceleration.
- Low-level programming and optimisation for DSP and/or SIMD.
- DSP algorithm implementation.
You should be able to:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Navigate and make high-level design trade-offs and articulate the rationale for those choices.
- Have a can-do attitude, be flexible and ready to accept new challenges.
- Have a university degree (or equivalent), in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or a related discipline.
It would be useful if you have experience in one or more of:
- Image signal processing specifically within augmented reality and/or automotive applications.
- Implementing odometry algorithms (e.g. SLAM).
- Modelling with System-C, gem5 or similar environment.
- Tools such as MATLAB and libraries such as OpenCV.
- Computer architecture and programming at low-level.
- System performance analysis and performance optimisation.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps