We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Help define the future of optimizing toolchains targeting mobile-class applications. Arm is looking for a Software Engineer to join our world-class compiler team in Cambridge and contribute towards building the optimizing toolchains and high-performance libraries that power Android devices. You will join our established team, working on commercial and open source toolchain technologies, where you will work to enable a new initiative dedicated to improving the performance of code running on billions of devices.
Working together with your team and colleagues across the company, your work will cover various aspects of our toolchains including compilers and libraries. We contribute many changes back to the open source LLVM and GNU toolchain projects. Your work will include improvements to these and other toolchains with a focus on enabling our partners to use Arm technology to its full potential.
This opportunity will require work on new technologies. You will be comfortable with learning new things, experimenting with different approaches, and ready to make a real difference to our future strategy in this area.
- Contribute toolchain improvements for Arm's partners.
- Work with other groups in Arm to define strategic objectives for a new focus area.
- Contribute to important open-source toolchain and library projects.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++
- Experience of developing, testing, delivering, and maintaining production-quality software.
- Experience of software optimization with toolchains or code generation.
- Dedicated and flexible, you are someone who is technically versatile, and can learn new skills that you can apply across multiple types of work.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of contributing to an open-source project and working with an open-source community.
- Experience of performance analysis and optimization for mobile devices.
- Knowledge of mobile games development and popular games engines.
- Experience with C# or scripting languages.
- Experience of development in a Linux environment.
Education & Qualifications:
You will need a good degree (or equivalent) in Computing, or other relevant experience working with optimizing compilers and toolchains.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps