We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use you industry skills and apply it to GPU technology and software architectures for next generation products? Do you have proven architecture experience in the field, and are looking to contribute to cutting edge technology?
Arm is seeking a highly skilled and motivated architect to join our Agile software development group. You will be part of an existing team based in Cambridge (UK) and will work with multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centers. You will contribute to the driver architecture for the next generation Mali™ GPUs in Mobile, DTV, ML and Automotive domains. You will help shape the technologies that the market will see in years to come.
What you will be involved with:
Responsible for co-developing the software architecture of the GPU driver to meet the needs of our partners, you will cover a wide range of aspects across kernel, user space and tooling. This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your knowledge, make use of a diverse set of skills and directly contribute and influence the design and development of our next generation GPU technology.
We have an excellent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a great opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by interesting technical problems. Do you like producing high quality, high performance SW and solving complex technical problem? We would love to hear from you.
Day to day activities include:
- Analysing requirements and defining the SW architecture.
- Supporting graphics and compute SW architects in feature support.
- Developing tooling for instrumentation vital to next generation GPU technology realisation.
- Specifying new SW architectures for supporting new GPU HW generations.
- Influencing next generation HW specification.
- Providing technical leadership and technical mentoring.
- Working closely with other stakeholders and customers when necessary.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces graphical and compute processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Skills & Experience required:
- Expertise in software architecture design and documentation.
- Understanding of C, C++ and Python programming.
- Understanding of computer HW architectures and embedded systems.
- Understanding of device drivers and architectures.
- Experience developing software for complex devices/systems.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Experience of providing technical leadership in one or more significant projects.
- Experience of leading small teams.
- Experience of working with or specifying Khronos APIs.
- Experience of software development in Linux, Android, Tizen or similar operating systems.
- Experience of virtualization and hypervisors.
- Experience of working with wide geographical teams.
- Experience of ML, Graphics and Compute technologies.
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps