We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking and tenacious technical product manager to guide the strategy, development and operations of our IoT focused developer websites. Mbed.com is the lens through which developers learn about and use Mbed OS, Mbed Linux OS, and our software tools, and you could be the key to its success. Likewise, you’ll be responsible for the creation and development of a web presence for our Pelion IoT platform.
Are you able to balance revolution and evolution, taking in the requirements of a diverse range of partners and incorporating them into your own vision? Do you strongly understand the difference between a web application and a traditional website, and can you use that understanding to define a roadmap that will make our professional users successful in building IoT devices?
As the technical product manager for Arm’s IoT websites, you’ll join a team of engineers, UX specialists and skilled product managers. You will be looked to for product leadership, whilst also balancing technical debt, user experience requirements and customer needs.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be strongly customer focused, understanding the IoT device development process, and adapting the website functionality appropriately. You also need to have a passion for improving user experience.
What you will be responsible for:
- Own the web requirements and backlog, attending the daily standups and other agile ceremonies.
- Balance high level product requirements, working with architects and technical leads to prioritise.
- You will work closely with our UX team, potentially contributing to wireframes, prototypes and other mockups to convey your vision.
- Spend time understanding our customers and partners in order to shape your requirements appropriately.
- You can clearly articulate why a requirement is important, rather than simply what it is.
- You pitch requirements at the right level of detail, without over-specifying.
- You take in wider strategy and understand how to apply it to your product area.
- B2B and IoT product experiences are something you understand and are passionate about, perhaps drawing on a wider knowledge of product development, embedded or web.
- You are comfortable in explaining your product vision and requirements at a high level, to partners at varying levels of seniority.
- You build trust with your engineering colleagues and wider stakeholders, allowing them the space to innovate within requirements.
- You can maintain focus on long term goals without neglecting pragmatic improvements.
- You understand what makes design good or bad, and care deeply about the design of your product.
Expected Skills and Requirements:
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Ability to prioritise requirements and communicate the outcomes of your decisions.
- Background in web design, UX or development, or involvement in web products. You have a solid understanding of web applications and websites, and what makes them successful.
- Ideally, you have some experience with web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JS). You are not expected to carry out web development, but you may want to be hands-on.
- Experience working with agile engineering teams, possibly including experience in scaled agile.
- You have experience in defining and tracking important metrics, knowing how to test and analyse usage of websites.
In your covering letter, please take the time expand on the experience and skills you have in relation to this position. You will be based at the ARM headquarters in Cambridge, UK, so must be willing and able to relocate as necessary.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps