We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you an open source evangelist with a real passion for working with software technology used by hundreds of millions of users across multiple platforms and market segments?
We are seeking a Software Technology Manager to work with Arm's partners and key customers to gather and prioritise requirements for software enablement and optimization, and to build strategies to satisfy these requirements using internal resources and working within the Arm ecosystem and wider software communities. This includes stakeholder communication via presentations and media, including digital channels.
As a member of the Central Engineering Open Source Software group, which has a bridging function across all of Arm’s technologies, you will join a team of technology managers who are addressing the growing demand for software in new markets for Arm.
In this position, you will target strategic delivery of various software components and solutions comprehensive reference software stacks across multiple segments, ranging from bespoke embedded devices to the enterprise space.
You will have an understanding of the software development flow and an ability to engage with key decision makers, both internally and externally. This includes the ability to highlight the advantages of the Arm software ecosystem, as well as being able to position it against the competition and to develop material around the capabilities and opportunities for mobile device software.
- Ownership of the roadmap and driving the vision for software enablement, configuration and optimization activities across the segments, evolving around new and existing software components supporting Arm IP and architecture, as well as the multiple open source projects typically comprising a software stack
- Proposing new software solutions and strategy to solve problems, fill gaps and add value to the systems built using Arm hardware.
- Working closely with project managers, architects and technology leads, directly engaging with internal and external software development teams
- Working with the complete value chain of end customers, manufacturers, and designers of hardware, software and systems to gather specific market segment needs and translate these into product plans
- Performing competitive analysis and identify the strengths and weaknesses of Arm-based solutions versus the competition
- Developing business cases for proposed features, articulating the value proposition
- Collaborating with the Marketing Communications team to plan and execute product promotions, events, tradeshows and seminars
- Evangelising in open source communities and enthuse customers and sales forces with our software offering, including participating in customer meetings, sales meetings and training.
The position is based at Arm's corporate headquarters, Cambridge. The successful candidate will be flexible with a variety of skills and a commitment to extending the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
Education & Qualifications
University degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Consistent track record in delivering software to customers in multiple segments, which would include knowledge of the elements comprising a typical software stack (from firmware and boot flow to OS and applications)
- Experience in working with one or more open source communities
- Demonstrable experience with creation and management of software requirements
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and suppliers - formulating and executing on strategy
- Motivation to work unsupervised, but as an integral player within the local developer team, as well as part of a globally distributed marketing team
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, since at least 25% of this role may involve international travel
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Technology and/or product management experience from previous roles
- High-level understanding of complete software stacks and solutions
- Software development experience, including experience with operating systems or application development
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps