We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have a strong systems engineering background and the experience of leading change within an organisation? We have a senior position for the right person who can combine clear thinking, lightweight methodologies, to build clarity and structure in the specification of innovative new technologies.
You will be working with the Lines of Business to clearly understand their requirements, supporting the Technology Teams to assemble the right design requirements, and assisting the Product Teams to derive their new requirements.
Creating a collaborative and inclusive environment and working closely with the Operations Team to roll-out clear and lightweight processes that support efficiency and innovation. Helping our partners to create clear requirements that can drive the development of our next generation of technologies and can be built into attractive and compelling solutions.
This is a highly collaborative role, and you will need skill and creativity to promote the right atmosphere for change. Can you be the focal point and inspire change, helping the organisation move from a single product focus to recognising the value in combining individual products into high performing, connected systems?
Your responsibilities will be
- Be responsible for the development, and drive the adoption of, clear requirements management processes, methodologies, and promoting a Solutions mindset across the company.
- Actively assist the business teams to develop clear specifications and willing to take a hands-on approach.
- Collaborate with the technology architects and specialists to make sure that the business requirements map onto the technology requirements.
- Establish and reinforce the requirements management methodology covering, decomposition of Solution requirements to Product requirements and the subsequent integration, verification and validation steps.
- Demonstrate and promote a collaborative approach for bringing together system requirements from across Arm by involving the business, technology, engineering, operations, and methodology teams.
You can take a lead role in enabling the business to develop Solutions for an exciting range of sectors, including smartphones, wearables, artificial intelligence, self driving cars, cloud technologies, and IoT.
Are you ready to join an exciting team which can also model, emulate, and build technology solutions to attract business, understand the needs of our partners, and confirm our performance early in the development cycle?
Do you possess the following key skills and experience?
- A strong background in systems engineering in the technology sector.
- Experience with working with customer, business, and engineering teams to jointly build clear and well managed requirements.
- Leadership as a change agent, to create new processes and methodologies, and the skill to introduce them smoothly into the business.
- Firsthand experience of the development V-cycle, both in terms of requirements specification, and also verification & validation.
The following skills would also be an advantage
- Experience with requirements management in a regulated sector like automotive, medical, aerospace or industrial.
- Hands-on experience with configuring and working with industry recognised requirements management tools.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps