We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have experience of delivering IT Infrastructure projects of varying size and complexity? Can you bring structure and control to enable effective decision-making? Are you able to communicate at all levels and gain the confidence of your team and business colleagues?
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to support our Building Technology team. We support the entire business, not just IT, enabling us to open new office locations equipped with the latest technology. You'll be part of a small team formed of both internal and external colleagues, based within the IT Group at Arm’s Headquarters in Cambridge, UK.
You will be strong leader with a can-do attitude, quick to adapt to Arm’s culture. Your attention to detail, careful planning, risk management and monitoring, appreciation of the value of testing and ability to challenge IT colleagues as appropriate will enable you to maintain project momentum and engage stakeholders to deliver successfully.
You will stand out for this role if you have extraordinary people management, interpersonal skills and domain expertise.
- Manage the project lifecycle of a complex infrastructure implementation from the initial set up, including design, build, test and cutover/implementation in line with quality, time and budget tolerances
- Drive project delivery through day to day engagement with IT teams and business stakeholders
- Manage vendor resources
- Effectively communicate project status regularly and handle all raised concerns clearly and effectively
- Mitigate risks and raise issues in a timely fashion
- Take ownership of issues, demonstrating situational leadership
- Plan and manage project budgets
Qualification and Education
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ITIL and Agile methodologies
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will have demonstrable experience managing large scale IT based infrastructure projects, managing the end to end delivery, integration of systems and services, and decommissioning of legacy applications/services
- You will also have a solid grasp of network design / transformation / troubleshooting and a good industry understanding
- It helps to have had exposure to Intelligent Buildings technology as well as Audio Visual Hardware
- You have previously generated business cases, work break down structures and project plans
- You are adaptable, with the ability to flex your style and approach to meet the needs of the Business and the Project.
- Demonstrable experience of Risk Management
- Adept at planning and tracking budgets and business value
- Skilled in managing dependencies across multiple suppliers and third parties
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills; comfortable communicating and collaborating with teams across different disciplines
- Able to quickly digest and utilise the ‘business language’ of the company.
- You are a self-starter, able to work independently to meet assigned objectives
- Excellent leadership and motivation skills.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps