We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to join Arm at a time of transformation in the semiconductor industry?
Arm offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan memory products. The Artisan high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra low-power memory generators are optimized for each silicon technology. Arn's Artisan Process-Perfect Design Methodology includes comprehensive QA and validation procedures that can enable accurate designs with high manufacturing yields. Arm memory products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in production or development at 40nm, 28nm, 20nm, 16nm, 11nm, 7nm and below semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs. Arm circuit group comprises some of the industry's leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This position is a unique opportunity for a digital circuit professional to work with the world's most successful circuit and layout team with exposure to a wide variety of design rules from leading edge foundries in Advanced Product Development team.
What will I be accountable for?
In this role you will be working on the following areas:
- Understanding memory architectures and memory compiler development flow
- Transistor full-custom design and collaboration with the physical design team for layout realization
- Developing new CPU memory features in order to meet Performance, Power and Area targets in collaboration with internal CPU-teams
- Running memory characterization and analyzing results
- Taking part to early technology assessment and initial investigation phase with the leading-edge foundries
- Be comfortable with basic programming tasks (scripts, memory compiler tiling code)
- Ensuring high quality and high-performance memory designs with the lowest possible power as needed for Arm CPUs, GPUs, and SOCs.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You will have meaningful circuit design experience
- You demonstrate some experience in physical IP design (memories)
- You have designed on silicon technologies equal or smaller than 28nm
- You know basic memory principles, especially single-port-SRAM ones.
- You have acquired a good understanding of technology trade-offs in deep sub-micron technologies
- You are familiar with Cadence Virtuoso and with Spice, FastSpice simulators
- You have a basic understanding about layout to occasionally be able to perform layout tasks
- You have basic scripting skills (cadence skill or Perl, Python, Java, C-shell)
- You love working in a collaborative environment
- You appreciate thematic linked to methodology and productivity improvements
- Knowledge of Java
- Statistical simulations (e.g. Monte-Carlo)
Salary to be defined according to profile + advantages (bonuses, employee participation, mutual, restaurant vouchers, supplementary pension, pension, additional days of leave, ...)
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps