We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a hardworking, passionate and self-motivated Business Analyst intern to join the Digital Services team within the Partner Enablement Group (PEG). As part of this high performing team you will collaborate closely with Product Managers and business partners to assemble and document business requirements, as well as detailing existing and prospective to-be processes. You will work closely with the IT development team to see these requirements through in to solution development and on to release.
Our group is responsible for ensuring Arm’s digital products are delivered to our customers and partners. The team actively work with partners, customers and internal stakeholders to ensure the services Arm provides are of the highest quality and meet the needs of our users. We are constantly looking to improve and innovate our digital services channels.
In this role, you will connect and work with a variety of partners, from senior management down, across all Arm’s Engineering Groups and Functions to ensure that business objectives and needs are understood and met. You will assist in the preparation of business proposals, and will be responsible for the elicitation and documentation of detailed business requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking the lead on detailed investigation, scoping, planning and execution of analysis activities and work you're doing for specified projects
- Producing requirements, user stories, wireframes and other documentation, as needed for each individual project, in accordance with internal standards and procedures.
- Facilitating the development of external customer requirements and user stories, handling the interaction with internal business requirements, prioritising and de-conflicting where necessary
- Reporting regularly to the Product Manager on the status of your activities
Arm designs the technology that sits at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Supporting this industry leading and rapidly growing business creates an interesting and challenging work environment.
Key Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in the course of studies towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Science, Maths, Engineering, Computer Science or Business related subject.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about technology, learning and developing new skills
- Highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative, independence and adaptability
- An understanding of requirements engineering and lifecycle management.
- Capable of working autonomously, leading and tracking own work
- Ability to produce high quality documentation targeted at both business and technical audiences.
- Experience in working with partners across a range of levels.
- Able to translate unstructured needs into a backlog of requirements or user stories
- Ability to prioritise tasks or user stories based on business needs
- Capable of making recommendations based of data driven analysis
- Ability to draw basic logic/process diagrams
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A basic understanding of agile or scrum methodologies
- Some experience and understanding of analysing and improving processes or systems.
- Experience of taking ideas or initiatives and working with your teammates to implement them
- Some experience of designing web application or web user experience
- Ability to translate requirements into actionable tasks that an IT developers can build
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps