We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm, we know that IP building blocks and SoC's are not enough to be successful in a market. The Central Engineering Open Source Software group acts to accelerate the adoption of ARM technology and open up new markets for ARM products by complementing the activities of our product groups and segment marketing colleagues.
As a Project Manager, you will work with the software engineering teams to ensure good quality, on-spec, and on-time delivery of products.
Our ideal person is someone who has a technical background; detail oriented follows through and is passionate about improving team efficiency.
A solid track record in project management across all aspects of the development lifecycle is required.
You will be someone who can network, multi-task and communicate effectively to get results.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Project definition, planning, scheduling
- Tracking and execution against committed milestones
- Reporting team progress
- Collaborating with external contractors and internal functions
- Administration and maintenance of the projects
- Modelling and costing for future scenario planning
- Owning, improving and documenting project processes
This role will be based at ARM’s corporate headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, as ARM’s largest engineering centre, although some travel to other locations may be required, you will be surrounded by world-leading experts and will have the opportunity to work with some of the very best people in the industry.
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Experience in project management using leading methodologies and processes including Agile
- A solid track record in managing and successful delivery of software projects, ideally from project initiation phase until product delivery
- Demonstrated ability in building plans from a high level to a detailed schedule
- The ability to track, monitor and control project activity across multiple locations and disciplines
- Understanding of planning, scheduling, risk management and resource allocation
- Experience of software development flows, processes and practices
- Strong communication and networking skills to get along with peers, senior management, project stakeholders, and customers
- Pro-active, self-motivated, able to accept new challenges
- Professional attitude, strong attention to detail, process oriented and organised
- University degree or equivalent in Engineering, although other disciplines would be considered with relevant Project Management experience
It would be excellent if you also had:
- Experience using project planning tools
- Experience using Atlassian tools including JIRA and Confluence
- Formal project management qualification (e.g. PMP, Prince2)
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with software design methodologies
- Experience liaising with customers, partners and remote development teams
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps