We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV or a gaming console at home, you’ve already used an ARM Powered product. Over 125 ARM Powered products are shipped every second and over 35 billion ARM technology-based chips have been shipped to date, making us the world’s leading Intellectual Property (IP) semiconductor supplier.
Our Verification IP (VIP) team members use software design methodology and principles to develop tools and environments used for the verification of our hardware IP products. The team has responsibility for supplying reliable, correct, consistent and documented Verification IP to design teams in offices around the world. We design the tools that enable ARM teams across the globe to verify the designs that go into all our leading technology products.
The ARM Office in Sheffield is within walking distance of the city centre, close to the universities and with excellent links to the rest of the country. Sheffield itself is located in the centre of the UK and borders the Peak District National Park, with opportunities for many outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking and climbing. Sheffield was ranked “the happiest city in Britain” in 2013.
Education & Qualifications
You will preferably be a graduate from a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science. Other science graduates would be considered if you have relevant experience.
Enthusiasm for science and technology with especial reference to mobile computing, IoT and creative engineering. The systems we are developing are at the leading edge in both the area of hardware design and software. You will find that you are expected to find solutions where such a challenge presents itself so this will test your creativity and your ability to work in an autonomous manner as well as part of a cohesive team.
Essential Skills & Experience
You will be able to demonstrate the following essential skills:
- Excellent written and spoken English communication, capable of writing coherent reports, influencing and building consensus
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Understanding of software engineering principles such as Object Oriented Design
- Knowledge of at least one software or scripting language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
- Good teamworking skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
These are nice to have skills:
- Experience of Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Perl, Python or other scripting language
- Familiarity of Unix/Linux working environment
- High-level programming experience such as C/C++
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve common goals.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge positive relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you strive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our ARM Sheffield office mainly consists of specialists in the Systems and Software group. Considered one of the greenest cities in Europe, the city of Sheffield is the geographical center of England and features over 2 million trees Ample space for outdoor activities are available at one of over 250 parks in the city, helping Sheffield to be voted the ’happiest city’ in Britain in 2013!
8 St Mary's Gate