We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Embedded systems developer, with skills, knowledge and experience in all/most of
a) BSPs and OS porting
b) Toolchain porting
c) Eclipse IDE and extensions,
d) Sound understanding on Hardware datasheet reading
e) Python and Web programming concepts
- Undertake RTOS BSP implementation and porting with understanding on bootloaders, memory management concepts
- Undertake development of prototype firmware on development boards
- Understand customer requirements and HW profile and undertake feasibility studies
- Develop, enhance, test and bug-fixing of firmware for constrained devices (IoT grade)
- As a key position, this requires horizontal understanding of Arm product/service offerings and be able to explain to customers and answer queries.
- Engage customer to ensure they can engineer our software on their products
- Ability to lead a small team of fresh graduates/interns to deliver under an Agile development framework
- Degree/master’s in computer science/Electronics Engineering
- At least 3 years or above experience in the area of embedded systems, Flash/Bootloader programming, and/or Microsoft/Linux/iOS/Android application programming
- Advanced to expert programming skills in C/C++ and Python or other programming languages
- Working experience from specification to completed products
- Good domain experience in one or more areas of communication and networking technologies and/or GNU toolchain porting, RTOS BSP porting
- Embedded development and interfacing and communication with Linux/Mongoose or any IoT specific RTOS is a definite plus (e.g. USB/I2C/UART/RS232/LAN/BT etc.,)
- Experience working with hardware boards, scope and analyzer equipment
- Professional attitude to work and meticulous in coding and testing
- Good understanding software development methodologies and SQA processes
- Candidates with deep experience may be considered for senior positions
- Understanding of Continuous integration process around Git/Gerrit or equivalent.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps