We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a talented and ambitious scrum master looking to coach and inspire a development team in an environment committed to agile delivery?
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
We are looking for Scrum Masters to provide leadership, mentorship, and support for our API and ServiceNow scrum teams. The APIs and interfaces developed by these highly collaborative teams are crucial to a wide variety of software and business processes our customers and employees use every day. You will help the team do its best work by removing blockers, organising and facilitating sprint ceremonies. You will use your insight to adopt efficient processes and challenge the team to improve.
To be successful in this role...
- You will support and coach your team to follow Agile practices and principles and to be self-organized and empowered
- You will remove team impediments and 'noise' to improve team productivity
- You will provide mentorship on improving agile maturity
- You will ensure product value and success measures are clearly communicated and urge a value driven backlog
- You will guide the Product Owner to build an engaging product roadmap and vision
- You will drive increased clarity and visibility within the teams
- You will develop good relationships across the organization, and help your team connect to the right people
- You will build a safe, high-trust environment where conflicts can be raised and resolved effectively
- You will take responsibility for supporting and coaching the Product Owner on Agile practices
- You will attend, and at times lead, Communities of Practice and collaborate with other Scrum Masters at Arm
- You will inspire change and continuous improvement with a focus on efficiency, productivity, happiness, and motivation of the team
To apply, we would like you to have...
- Experience as Scrum Master or with Agile Project Management for a minimum two years
- Excellent knowledge of a variety of Agile approaches, such as Kanban and Scrum
- A servant-leader mentality and a growth mindset with a drive to learn and improve
- Strong examples of positive results you have gained from changes you or your team have championed
- Outstanding communication, facilitation and collaboration skills
It would be beneficial if you have...
- A Certified Scrum Master qualification
- Previous experience working with either a software development team or service management product
- Knowledge of scaled agile frameworks, particularly SAFe
- Experience of coaching multiple agile teams
- Knowledge of agile metrics and reporting
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- An involvement in Agile communities
- Knowledge and experience of Agile techniques that support workshop facilitation (Agile Games, etc.) and a go-to 'toolbox' of tried and tested approaches that engage attendees
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps