We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about the interaction between software and hardware? Are you interested in applying your academic and prior knowledge in verification in a world-beating commercial processor group? Then this role may be perfect for you.
The verification software team in Cambridge is responsible for developing a Random Instruction Stream generator which we use to stress ARM CPUs under development. This enables us to search for hardware bugs earlier in the design cycle, which we can then investigate at a waveform level and share with fails with hardware design teams to ensure their resolution.
If you are a talented engineer with an interest in CPU architecture and low-level software, we would like to hear from you. You will need an understanding of CPU architecture as well as an ability to design, understand and develop ‘C’ and ARM assembly code. In this role, you will need to understand complex CPU specifications, design new generator features to exercise them, and help debug issues in ARM’s future products. This opportunity gives you the potential to exercise and expand a range of skills from low-level software development through to hardware debug.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering ideally, although other science graduates would be considered with relevant working experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Software development experience with ‘C’ and some knowledge of low-level programming in assembly language
- Understanding of CPU architecture and micro-architecture features (such as caches, Memory Management, Multi-core, coherency, CPU pipelines
Understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux kernel and/or RTOS)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and use of ARM instruction set architecture
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl or TCL
- Experience of CPU verification, ideally using Random Instruction generation
- Experience in writing/debugging assembly based tests, and creating random test generators
- Technical leadership in large scale embedded software development
- Strong teamworker with with excellent communication skills
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their exceptional contributions to arm's success in the global marketplace.
arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps