We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are seeking a highly motivated Intern to join our Systems Group. You will work as an integral part of our successful diverse team focused on the design and verification of ARM IP and next generation systems, primarily focused on next generation on-chip interconnect.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the ARM Sheffield Design Centre working in a modern dynamic office in a lively northern city on the doorstep of the Peak District National Park. You will join a small and talented team, giving you the opportunity to innovate and make a significant contribution.
If you’re interested in:
- The potential to work on different areas including product development, from specification to customer release.
- Eager to learn, and willing [AG1] [JF2]
- The challenges of working to bring new architectures to reality.
- Building and validating Verilog RTL design for customer deployment.
- Working alongside many other teams including system architects, CPU / Media / ML IP designers, physical implementation and chip layout engineers.
- Interaction with Arm’s partners and customers both through the support organisation and directly.
Then we have a role for you!
What will I be accountable for?
As a Graduate, you will be placed in a development team at Arm’s offices in Sheffield, UK where you will have a mentor, and be able to get to grips with the problems ranging across many RTL hardware design and verification areas. You will work across all aspects of the product lifecycle whilst being supported by and learning from the rest of the team
Essential Skills & Qualities
- A real passion for embedded computing that goes beyond your studies
- A creative and structured approach to problem-solving
- Basic understanding of digital electronics and circuit diagrams
- Understanding of HDL (hardware description language) design (for example VHDL or SystemVerilog)
- Experience in some programming languages (for example, C/C++, Python).
- Comfortable communicating within a small team
- A dream for learning and self-improvement
- The ability to think laterally, take on problems independently, and build novel solutions – not just incremental ones
Desirable Skills and Qualities
The following skills are not essential for this role, but experience in any of the following areas would improve your application:
- Knowledge of a leading RISC based computer architecture ideally Arm[SW3] [JF4]
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- An understanding of how and why version control software is useful
- An appreciation of some of the ways in which computer architectures differ
- Hands on experience with verification of HDL based designs
- Knowledge of AMBA or other bus architectures
- Excellent written and spoken English; can write conclusive documentation
How do I stand out?
What additional beneficial extra-curricular activities do you participate in whether this be self-study, community participation or volunteering. Examples of this being
- Projects undertaken outside of formal study, technical and non-technical.
- General interest in new technologies and how Arm fits in.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our ARM Sheffield office mainly consists of specialists in the Systems and Software group. Considered one of the greenest cities in Europe, the city of Sheffield is the geographical center of England and features over 2 million trees Ample space for outdoor activities are available at one of over 250 parks in the city, helping Sheffield to be voted the ’happiest city’ in Britain in 2013!
8 St Mary's Gate