We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a creative Senior Events Manager to lead our dynamic fast-paced Internal Events Team. You will be responsible for driving and over-seeing the delivery of our global portfolio of events to an exceptional level. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic and detail orientated execution skills to drive high-impact events.
About the role
The position is based in Cambridge at our Arm HQ, and you would report to the Director, Internal Communications based in UK.
You have demonstrated an aptitude for successfully leading and driving a successful events team, been responsible for long-term event strategy within an ever-evolving business, handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with meaningful priorities. The scope of your experience would include managing and forecasting a portfolio of events with a total value of £2M+.
You will be responsible for initiating and maintaining working relationships with, but not limited to: Key partners including, Global Event Team, People Team, Travel, Accounting, Legal, Finance, Engineering, IT, and many external service providers.
You will contribute to the overall strategic development of our global internal events portfolio, working in support of internal stakeholder program objectives and evaluate results against goals, with recommendations for improvement.
Bring energy, creativity, and new ideas to build a successful, unique, memorable event experience to all global internal events.
Responsible for (but not exclusively):
- You will lead a team of event experts to deliver, develop and execute our global portfolio of events
- You will develop a global event strategy to support Arm’s long-term business strategy and objectives, ensuring the delegate experience is at the forefront of all decisions
- Record and forecast annual budget status, ROI, and continue to develop and evolve evaluation framework to assess the strengths of events and identify areas for improvement.
You will drive and manage progress on:
- Sourcing and building relationships with suppliers, handling negotiation of agreements, including contracts with vendors, and overall budget management
- Event production and logistics coordination, including Project execution, performance, and profitability in a timely manner
- Site selection, RFP creation and management, site inspections, and analytical recaps.
- Extraordinary written and oral communications skills that are delivered in a concise and logical way, resolving most appropriate communication channel and tailoring communication to the audience.
- Setting and developing timelines, project management task lists, and divisions of duties.
- Monitoring team progress, assessing areas for improvement, conducting regular 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports, managing and delivering staff performance reviews.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Demonstrable experience managing a global event management team (with a minimum of 2 direct reports)
- Strong program, project, and time management skills – highly organized, detail focused, results driven, accountable with the ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- Excellent budgeting, negotiation and vendor management skills
- Confident approach influencing partners, with a consultative approach to questions, concerns and issues
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills; experience developing relationships with internal partners, executive level colleagues, third party vendors, and suppliers
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, diverse team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, can adjust communication style to various audiences)
- Dedicated and creative thinker; problem solving and ability to “think and lead on your feet”
- Demonstrated experience leading by example (exhibiting integrity, enthusiasm, and commitment to results) and cultivating collaboration
- Able to evaluate options under circumstances that are outside defined procedures, selecting the best solution to the problem without support and guidance.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps