We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The Technology Services Group (TSG) provides the high-performance compute environment that fuels product and solutions development for Arm's engineering community. Whether it’s high-performance compute on our infrastructure and in the cloud, Electronic Design Automation (EDA), or bespoke software tools and workflows, the products and services we deliver are used by every engineer in Arm.
Working closely with team leads, team managers, project managers, and engineering teams across Technology Services Group (TSG), the Infrastructure Engineer will be a key contributor in providing automated project solutions and mentoring more junior contributors. With a commitment to ensure our operations and development are secure and scalable, you will be able to demonstrate and practice the direction of “everything through software” mindset.
What skills, experience, and qualifications will you bring?
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong experience withinin a DevOps environment
- You have good technical expertise combined with an ability to take the lead for large complex tasks and improvements.
- Experience delivering complex software products successfully in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment
- Understanding of software development methodologies -e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.using Jira and Confluence
- Experience running programs across geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Strong experience in VMware
- Demonstrate equal passion and knowledge for Operations and Development
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms and tools (AWS)
- Knowledge of orchestration and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform Kubernetes, etc)
- Deployment experience (Jenkins)
- Container knowledge with either Docker or Kubernetes
- Scripting skills (Linux, Python, Perl etc)
- Experienced in deploying and managing distributed systems
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps