We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the leader for the Software Technology Management team you will own the interaction with internal partners and key customers to gather and prioritise requirements for the wider Open Source Software (OSS) group.
You will develop strategies to satisfy Arm's needs from open source using internal resources and by engaging with the wider ecosystem and software communities.
As a member of the OSS team in Central Engineering you will be leading a team of technology managers who are addressing the growing demand for software in new markets for Arm.
The position will be based at Arm corporate headquarters, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities
Software Technology Managers target strategic delivery of software across numerous components and across multiple segments and communities. Key to the role is an understanding of open source software development flow and an ability to engage with key decision makers, both internally and externally. This includes the ability to highlight the advantages of the Arm software ecosystem, as well as being able to position it against the competition.
- Line management and personal development responsibility for the team
- Driving the OSS groups vision, mission and strategy to enable greater business success for Arm.
- Owning the component roadmaps, with your team, and driving the vision for software enablement and optimization activities for the various segments, driving alignment and collaboration between those segments through a wide range of open source projects
- Working closely with architects and technology leads, directly engaging with internal and external software development teams
- Performing competitive analysis and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of Arm-based solutions versus the competition
- Collaborating with segment product managers to ensure Arms software teams are working on the right solutions for evolving markets
- Developing business cases for proposed features and articulating the value proposition
- Working with the Marketing Communications team to plan and execute product promotions, events, tradeshows and seminars
- Evangelism in communities to enthuse customers and internal partners with the software offering, including participating in customer meetings, sales meetings, and training.
You should be flexible, with a variety of skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other graduates would be considered if they have meaningful experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven record in developing and delivering software to customers in multiple segments, which would include elements comprising a typical SW stack (from firmware and boot flow to OS and applications)
- Experience in working with one or more of the major open source communities
- Proven experience with creation and management of software requirements
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and suppliers - formulating and executing on strategy
- Motivation to work unsupervised, but as an integral member of a local developer team, as well as part of a globally distributed marketing team
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, since at least 25% of this role may involve international travel
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Product management experience from previous roles
- Deep understanding of Mobile, Embedded, Cloud, Enterprise Server and Networking software segments
- Software Development experience
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps