What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- You hold hands-on experience with Graphics API such as (but not limited to) OpenGL ES/Vulkan/EGL Khronos APIs.
- Experience optimising graphics applications and you understand challenges of that work.
- You hold some experience with Android OS, especially the graphics framework (SurfaceFlinger and HWC).
- Proficient in problem solving and debugging.
- You possess good oral and written English communication skills as well as having an excellent team working skillset.
- You enjoy working directly with customers as a technology Jedi.
- Be prepared to travel occasionally during critical project stages.
It would be great if you also had some of the following:
- A track-record of working on successful consumer electronics devices.
- You have experience in large, multi-site software development projects.
- Exposure to VR/AR related projects.
- Appreciation of Wayland and related mechanisms.
- Experience with tuning and optimising memory and power constrained embedded software.
- You hold an understanding of Linux development environments.
- Knowledge of full Software life-cycle including specification design, test and documentation.
- Experience of Agile software development.
About us, the GPU Team
In the GPU Team you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for motivated people to join the team.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Arm: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.