We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to experience the thrill of playing computer games on a graphics processor (GPU) that you have designed yourself? This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced hardware design engineer to join the GPU Hardware Design Team and help us design the GPUs powering the devices of tomorrow. If you are a forward-thinking, dedicated, creative and self-going individual that loves analysis and problem solving then we are keen to hear from you.
The GPU Design Team at the design centre in Trondheim is responsible for developing the Mali™ range of graphics processors. Mali™ is the most sold GPU in the world and a team of diverse, highly motivated and creative engineers are dreaming up improvements and technology that will make our state of the art GPU even better.
In this inventive role, you get to put your technical skills and creativity to the test while working on micro architecture development, design and optimization of GPUs that will run graphics, compute, machine learning and AI workloads at blistering speeds within a fixed energy and area budget. How cool is that?
What will I be accountable for?
- You will derive specifications from architecture requirements.
- You will specify, design and optimise complex blocks for use across multiple generations of GPUs.
- You will deliver IP blocks on time and meeting PPA targets.
- You will assume technical leadership for a block within the GPU.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- You will have proven experience of RTL design for GPUs, CPUs or DSP.
- You have repeated project experience of technically owning and executing the design and implementation of complex units or sub-systems, from specification to design sign-off.
- You can do metric driven design space exploration, including the knowledge of how to evaluate and compare different solutions and pick the one that is the best trade-off between power, performance and area requirements of the product.
- You have the ability to work with a high level of independence and schedule own work and tasks.
- You can take on dynamic and complex technical challenges.
- You communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
- You should have experience with high level programming in languages such as C/C++.
- It is an advantage if you have knowledge of verification techniques.
- It is great if you happen to be familiar with functional safety aspects of design and verification, including knowledge of ISO 26262.
Education & qualifications:
- University Degree in Computer science, Electronics engineering or Microelectronics.
- Should you have another science degree, your application will also be considered provided you have meaningful experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Compulsory pension plan
- Insurance Package (travel, life, disability, health)
- Broadband, Internet home connection
- Two weeks paid leave for dads when baby is born
- Holiday, 6 (six) weeks as per Norwegian Holiday Act
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, parental leave, subsidised lunch, fitness gym in building, game room, team and seasonal social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Trondheim office focuses on expertise in graphics hardware, driver software, FPGA and ASIC implementation and performance analysis. Our office used to be a bank, and we now use the vault as a games room! Trondheim is a picturesque city located on the Trondheimsfjord and an excellent place to see the beautiful aurora borealis.
Arm Norway AS
Olav Tryggvassons gt. 39-41