We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow as a project co-ordinator or project manager? Would you like to work for new technologies which will shape our future? Would you love working with our world-class researchers? If so, this role is for you.
Arm Research is growing to tackle the world’s leading technological challenges. The Research Operations team is the engine through which Arm Research accomplishes business goals. We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative project coordinator/project manager to join the Research Operations team in Cambridge to run research projects, co-ordinate with external partners, increase research productivity through process improvement, facilitate communication, and provide logistical support for the research team.
This role has the chance to lead projects across a wide range of technical subjects such as Machine Learning, Silicon Technology, Software, Security, High Performance Computing, Internet of Things and other new technologies. Arm Research has dozens of ongoing projects spread across internal and external resources and multiple locations. Many research projects are executed through internal resources, some are government funded, and others are collaborations between Arm Research and academic and/or industry partners.
Arm Research’s open culture ensures you’ll be exposed to the many technical and operational areas in which Research is active and there is opportunity for growth and take additional responsibilities within Research Operations as our team grows.
What will I be accountable for?
- Working closely with our technical leads, you will run portfolio of Arm Research projects including planning, tracking, and reporting key information using an agile, light-touch approach
- You will help researchers with resolving a variety of day-to-day operational/management challenges
- You will contribute to build a better environment for researchers through process improvement, standardization, and tools development for key research processes
What essential skills and experience will you need?
- Previous experience as a Project Coordinator or Project Manager in creative and innovative industries
- University degree (or equivalent) in technical, business or project management disciplines, although other disciplines will be considered with relevant professional experience
- Ability to tailor project management approaches to specific situations
- Strong communication and networking skills to interact with peers, senior management, corporate functions and external partners
- Skilful with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability and interest to master project management / collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, MS Project etc.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Attention to detail, process oriented, lateral thinker and problem solver
- Adaptable to new business areas and fast-paced environment; willing to work flexibly on new tasks and responsibilities
- Can-do attitude with a service personality (someone who likes helping others)
- Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc) as well as traditional waterfall project management
- Experience with handling multi-site/remote projects and communication
- Project management experience in research or other highly speculative project areas
- Project management experience in government funded research projects
- Experience with automating and/or improving business processes
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps