We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an opportunity to provide technical leadership in testing strategy and technologies to meet business needs? Are you interested in applying your proven experience in the challenging environment of GPU driver development?
Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated test architect to join our Agile software development group. You will be part of a new team based in Manchester (UK) with the opportunity to influence the testing strategy of our software architecture, and provide leadership in testing aspects across a wide organization.
You will be working with multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centers. You will contribute to the test architecture required for the next generation Mali™ GPUs and use your influence to roll out changes required to ensure testing is scalable across multiple generations of technology for their lifespan.
What you will be involved with:
You will be responsible for developing a scalable test strategy for the GPU driver to balance the needs of quality within business constraints.
You will provide technical leadership in testing across the organization, providing the influence and drive to maintain testing scalability.
You will work closely with the release technical leads to ensure the test architecture is robust, efficient and scalable to meet the needs of our product delivery schedules.
You will cooperate closely with the other domain specific architects and ensure testability is built into the architecture from the beginning.
We have an excellent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a great opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by interesting technical problems. Do you like producing high quality solutions in a challenging environment? - then we would love to hear from you.
Day to day activities include:
- Defining and owning the test strategy.
- Working with the technology architects to help develop a testable architecture and maintain efficiency.
- Analyzing the testing requirements and developing the test architecture.
- Work closely with project managers and release technical leads providing technical guidance in testing aspects.
- Participating in the analysis, specification, design, estimation and documentation of the test strategy.
- Influencing the test technologies within the organization to ensure it meets our needs in efficiency.
- Providing technical leadership and technical mentoring in testing.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces graphical and compute processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Skills & Experience required:
- Self driven and hands on approach to work.
- Experience of scripting for obtaining data for analysis.
- Track record of analyzing test strategies in complex software environments.
- Track record of steering test strategy in an organization spanning a wide geography.
- Experience of being accountable for analyzing test coverage and maintaining efficiency.
- Experience of working in testing across large numbers of configuration parameters.
- Experience of testing software stacks across multiple generations of HW and the challenges it brings.
- Solid understanding of software development ideally with C, C++ or python background.
- Experience of managing test configurations.
- Experience of designing test architectures.
- Experience of test automation of cross platform and embedded systems.
- Experience of providing technical leadership in one or more significant projects.
- Experience of people leadership.
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps