We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU group defines, designs, and validates Arm's processor IP and collaborates closely with the world's leading technology companies.
You will be responsible for verification of RTL blocks which comprise one of the next-generation of Arm processors.
Do you consider yourself creative, innovative and enthusiastic about new technologies? Our highly motivated team creates products across the range of Arm’s IP portfolio providing world-class performance and low power.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the Arm Chandler Design Center. Through teamwork, training and dedication to personal development, our goal is that our engineer quickly learns about different aspects of developing highly-complex designs, starts contributing to different project tasks and ultimately develops into an expert in the field. You will be part of engaging, hardworking, and creative team that will provide a fascinating opportunity to innovate and make a meaningful contribution. As part of the verification team, you will be using leading-edge verification technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality in our products.
What will I be accountable for?
We are looking for engineers who can lead the design verification for one or more CPU functional blocks, being responsible for quality of delivery throughout all related engineering project phases. This includes:
- Developing System Verilog UVM testbenches for block-level functional verification of the CPU pipeline and memory system
- Developing detailed verification plans for the processor block/unit
- Generating and running Testcases on logic simulation models
- Debugging and correcting functional errors in the RTL model, using simulation tools, debug tools, based on in-depth understanding of the architecture and RTL design of the processor
- Defining and implementing functional coverage, and improving the testbench to ensure coverage closure
- Documenting test plans and testbench design
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or similar disciplines
- A minimum 5 years’ experience with CPU validation
- CPU microarchitecture knowledge (out-of-order execution, register renaming, reservation stations, processor pipelines, etc.)
- CPU memory system microarchitecture knowledge (high-performance caches, out-of-order execution and result return, cache coherence, virtual memory and address translation, system bus interfaces)
- Experience in the specification, creation, and debug of System Verilog/UVM constrained-random testbenches
- Experience with functional coverage driven verification methods
- Good software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Assembly language for Arm or other architectures
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure and meet ambitious targets without compromising on quality
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well within an engineering team
- Motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to the design center’s success
- Demonstrate positive attitude and respect for all members of the team
- Willing to take risks to build groundbreaking solutions for hard problems
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary: We not I
Passion for progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Opened in April 2016, Arm Chandler is one of our newest offices with a focus on CPU Engineering for the next generation of Cortex processors used in everything from smartphones to servers. A suburb located Southeast of Phoenix, Chandler is home to many high tech companies and is dubbed the "High-Tech Oasis of the Silicon Desert”.
Chandler, Arizona USA
3075 West Ray Road
Chandler, AZ 85226