We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Interested in machine learning and artificial intelligence? Want a role that’s technical, customer facing but also involves a high degree of internal collaboration and influence and where the impact of your efforts can be seen both internally and in the world around us every day? Then read on.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Developer Advocate in Arm’s AI/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Group, to take a central role within the team defining and driving Arm’s ecosystem activities in ML.
At Arm, we know that ecosystems are the key to success in the modern business world. Be it close collaboration with global, leading technology companies, broader engagement with organizations across mutual interest areas or mass market nurturing of the developer community, it’s the support in the community and the vibrancy of the outside activity around our products that really make them successful – as well as making our customers successful.
What will I be accountable for?
Working as a developer advocate within the small but growing ML Ecosystem team, you will be responsible for setting up and driving developer outreach activities around Arm’s ML and AI products (software, tools etc.)
- Driving the ML ecosystem strategy within the Client/Mobile segment
- Understanding the key use cases of Arm’s technology in the ML market, today and tomorrow
- Understanding and engaging with key companies and dynamics in the ML market
- Working closely with the ecosystem engineering team to ensure developer readiness of our SDKs, tools
- Working closely with the product and outbound marketing teams to produce developer collaterals
- Supporting the ML developer community
- This role is primarily measured by partner and developer engagement.
As part of achieving the above, this role would be expected to:
- Build and maintain an overall understanding of the ML market and technology sufficient to engage credibly with the community (prior experience in ML is not required but the ability to understand and learn general technology concepts is)
- Produce and deliver technical presentations to strengthen Arm’s credibility and leadership within the AI community
- Work with the primary lines of business (segments) within Arm to understand their market dynamics and support their ML engagements
- Be a key ‘go to’ person within Arm for ML usage in specific markets (Client/Mobile), key use cases, companies and external events/activities
- Understand key competitors and their developer offering
- Regularly deliver developer documentation, guides, trainings webinars
- Represent Arm’s vision and products with the press and at industry conferences
As part of the above, it is assumed you will be technical, at ease with public talks and ready to get hands on to our products.
Arm is the basis for computer processing in the modern world and ML represents a once-in-a-generation shift in the capabilities of what can be done with computing. You’ll need to be practical, motivated, logical and able to influence a wide range of people. It would be expected that you will come from software development or technical enablement focused background, be comfortable engaging with the community and be able to represent products and influence both internally and externally to achieve alignment around Arm’s vision. For the successful candidate, this is an incredible opportunity to directly engage as a technical leader as part of a small but outstanding team operating with many of the characteristics of a start-up in a disruptive technology space.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong fundamentals in software development
- Experience in client/mobile segments
- Machine learning experience preferred
- Experience with SDK, APIs and other developer tools
- Strong interpersonal skills, can communicate with people from diverse backgrounds - including senior leaders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to communicate and present effectively and appropriately externally, at all levels from CEOs to engineering
- Awareness of different cultures and willing to travel internationally (candidate specific but expected to be in the 15% range)
- Self-motivated and adept at planning, prioritization and organization
- Open, collaborative and trustworthy with a willingness to share information and insights
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps