We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The Arm Client Business Unit, developer ecosystem team has the undertaking to transform the mobile industry through solutions using Arm technologies in processor(s), graphics, AR/VR, ML and more. Reporting to Sr. Manager Developer Ecosystems, we are now looking for a Developer Relations Manager to provide technical support and guidance to our ecosystem partners in the U.S. in areas such as game engines (i.e. Unity/Unreal), graphics tools and APIs, AR/VR and other computing-intensive applications. As part of this role, you will use your in-depth technical expertise to provide support and educate Arm’s ecosystem partners. To ensure our partners’ products perform in the finest possible fashion when running in Arm architectures.
What will I be accountable for?
- Work with the U.S. ecosystem manager as well as the rest of the developer ecosystem team, develop and maintain technical/engineering relationships with our game and engine partners’ engineering and technical teams across the US, across three main areas: graphics, CPU, mobile apps
- Ability to sit with developers and provide hands on education and best practices for Arm tools and strategies for Arm CPU and GPU’s
- Assist game engine(s) and game studios optimizing their content for Arm architectures with tools and implementation techniques for graphics API’s, CPU and GPU’s
- Enable the adoption of Arm tools and development by engaging with partner development teams, understanding their requirements and helping them apply the correct solutions accordingly
- Capture technical requirements, enhancements and issues reported by partners and help drive the roadmaps in the ecosystem and product teams
- Support preparation and execution of ecosystem technical activities in the region: attending, events, conferences, etc., including when necessary the delivery of technology-oriented briefings to developers
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Computer science or engineering degree or equivalent
- Development experience with Unity, and/or Unreal engine
- Strong Integrity and ability to create/gain trust with multiple developers a must
- Experience in graphic APIs, debugging and profiling tools; prior experience developing for mobile would be beneficial
- Experience with shader languages, shader programming and shader optimization
- Solid presentation and communication skills; public speaking experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple engineering projects to different deadlines with various developers
- Ability to capture the essence of a technical problem and communicate it clearly to others
- Up to 30% travel required, mostly within the US
- Good understanding of AR/VR or machine learning techniques highly valuable
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for Arm and our customers
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps