We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are Arm's Central Technology organisation and we are responsible for trail-blazing the future technology which will keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We are looking for someone to lead the design of Arm’s Image Signal Processors (ISPs) and help set the technical direction of our Imaging and Camera product lines. This is an opportunity for you to lead, literally at the front-end of the dynamic Imaging and Computer Vision revolution, working with some of the best scientists, engineers and commercial teams in the industry.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be taking the lead on crafting and improving the hardware architecture of Arm's next-generation ISPs. We need to ensure the product we create not only offer market leading Image Quality and Computer Vision accuracy but they do so within tightly constrained area and power budgets. Your job is to make sure the ISP hardware our engineering teams build is the right shape to enable the efficient, high throughput and safe ISPs our customers demand.
You will need to keep up-to-date with the newest technology trends in the field and apply that knowledge to help guide Arm’s future camera and imaging strategy. As part of the role, you will collaborate with product marketing and understand the commercial environment in order for you to help define and prioritize technical requirements. Your broader view will enable you to work with Arm's modelling and hardware engineering teams to set priorities and track progress of new architecture exploration. Finally, you will also support the ISP product engineering teams as they build and deliver ISP products you led the design on.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- driving hardware architecture development
- You have an ability to quantify and make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product.
- Having strong communication and influencing skills is a huge plus as you'll be working in a multi-discipline team across multiple functions.
- Solid grounding in digital cameras, image processing and computational photography
- Your previous roles should have included experience of RTL design
Desirable skills & experience
- Significant experience developing innovative technology related to cameras and imaging to have developed a keen intuition.
- Experience building ISPs, especially for Automotive and Surveillance cameras.
- Knowledge of functional safety design principals and practices
- Understanding of ADAS & Autonomous Vehicle design
- Experience working with Image Sensors and related interfaces (E.g. MIPI-CSI).
- Knowledge of ASIC & hardware development methodologies.
- Strong skills working in C/C++, Verilog & Python.
We are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK. #LI-JS1
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps