We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a testing evangelist, hardworking, ambitious, an authority on quality of delivery, and moving the testing process forward?
Are you excited to be a part of the test automation team with an exciting mix of state of the art and legacy applications, and want to utilise your experience, creativity and pragmatism to bring the right level of quality and automation to the work we do on all of our applications?
As the Senior Test Automation Analyst at Arm, responsible for the creation and execution of all forms of software testing throughout the agile development lifecycle of our HR technology suite.
Good opportunity to an experienced Senior Test Analyst with knowledge of automation, who can follow the best testing practices and execute the right testing process within the team.”
What will your role look like?
- Working closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Developers and third party suppliers, to fully understand the business requirements such that effective test cases defined. This will include providing input on the ‘definition of testable’
- Regularly attend scrum ceremonies, such as sprint planning, and actively participating to ensure your progress is transparent
- Scoping all testing work going through the team through Agile estimating and planning.
- Creating BDD test cases and execute the test strategy using pre-defined testing methodologies, ensuring that there is traceability between the testing implementation and the requirements / acceptance criteria
- Ensure that all application & technology testing is carried out according to testing standards defined in the strategy
- Create and execute manual, automation or non-functional test cases and ensure that test status, risks and issues are reported in a timely manner using the agreed reporting standard
- Create, validate and report defects in accordance with the defect life cycle
- You will ensure automated test activities are conducted in preference to manual testing where feasible and more efficient
- You will coordinate test services being delivered by 3rd party vendors
- You have great people skills with the ability to empathise with the teams need to balance pace over excellence and good at achieving positive outcomes from difficult situations
- Requires a diligent, enthusiastic and confident individual who is committed to continual assessment and improvement.
- Individual possess a good technical capability and apply their knowledge to new technologies which they may not be familiar with
- You will be comfortable with objectively challenging peers and vendors to ensure consistency to agreed quality standards
- You will work autonomously with minimal supervision, organising your own work and tasks
What will you bring to Arm?
- Extensive experience of collaborating with software development teams in multi-vendor environments to incrementally deliver systems that are tested efficiently and of high quality
- Experienced in Integration, System, and User Acceptance Testing
- In depth knowledge of testing types, techniques, and practices
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to clearly provide technical explanations
- Broad knowledge and understanding of testing tools, Automation and/or Performance testing
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of test phases for medium-large scale IT programmes/projects.
- ISTQB/ISEB certified tester - Foundation level
- Basic knowledge of test automation
It would be great (not not essential) if you have experience of the below:
- Experience in developing the test automation frameworks
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C# and Java.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer; Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Real passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm designs the technology that sits at the heart of the digital world, from smartphones and tablets, to servers and infrastructure and into the internet of things. The Arm IT team delivers the strategy, design, development, deployment and operationalization of corporate solutions. Arm's position in a huge electronics and software ecosystem and its place in the industry means this is an exciting and challenging place to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps