We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is experiencing rapid growth as it executes an investment strategy to shape the connected world.
Arm’s growing scale and complexity of operations requires a global, digital and premier Category Management to meet the needs of our changing business.
With this great opportunity you join the Procurement team where you are asked to build the Supplier Management function (including your role), starting from the “green-field”
What is the main purpose and what can you expect from this role?
The main purpose of the Global Senior Supplier Management role is to enable Arm to:
- Deliver leading practices of professional and efficient management of third-party Suppliers and Suppliers contracts during their entire life-cycle.
- Establish Supplier Management and evolve the role to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Supplier Management in close collaboration with “Service Delivery Management” across Arm all business units and functions worldwide.
The opportunity here is to design and deploy international leading practices and effectively lead third party Supplier Management including Supplier Relationships Management (SRM) and Supplier Risk Management, with a focus on ensuring contracting best-practices, support implementation and manage contracts, following-up contract compliance, benefits realization and enable continues improvements and supplier innovation and diversity, across all categories at Arm.
It is a rare opportunity for you to establish and evolve the Supplier Management function and the role in order to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness within Arm, working in close collaboration with all business units and enterprise functions globally.
The role is key to Arm at large, to ensure suppliers deliver ‘best class’ services, products and goods, whilst ensuring overall success of strategic relationships with Suppliers and Partners and providing guidance and support to the business.
Key Tasks - What will you be accountable for?
- Draft and customise contracts and templates based on industry benchmarks bearing in mind company policies and guidelines, and contracts operational readiness, for hand-over to the business.
- Participate in finding contractual solutions to support Category and Sourcing Managers in complex negotiations and ensuring that contracts include e.g. robust product and/or service deliverables with measurable SLA/KPIs and Governance.
- Work with relevant colleagues during the tender process to proactively contribute to contracts operational success
- Define the strategy of contract execution, key risk and opportunities analysis, plan and management. Next to defining the strategy you support the support business owners on the contract interpretation and clarification where needed.
- Monitor and manage Risk and Opportunity; you assure that risks are properly mitigated, monitored, and handled.
- Lead Business Review Meetings (BRM)
- Be a point of contact for Suppliers and Partners’ claims, issues and disputes
- Lesson Learned - Contribute to contract quality improvement.
- Define and lead the proper Governance model based on contracting and Supplier tiering and strategy. From Agreement compliance, Supplier audit and due diligence to Contract Change and Contract Claim process implementation.
- Enable supplier innovation and drive continues improvements in close collaboration with the business owners.
What experience can you bring?
- You will be confident in Supplier and Contract Management and are proud of your extensive experience in Contract and Commercial negotiation
- You will have previous experience in a complex supplier management environment which may have been also gained in an IT/ Technology supplier leading customer accounts and relationships.
- Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills that allow you to handle issues and to drive mutually positive outcomes.
- Deep knowledge of tools and approaches such as supplier segmentation, continuous improvement, problem solving.
- Experience of technical contract management (SLA performance and delivery review, acceptance and payment approval, warranty management, P2P reports/ analysis).
- Knowledge of the key IT/Technology/Indirect Procurement suppliers, the market, competitors and trends.
- Experience in sourcing projects leading multi-vendor/ managed service/large outsourcing contracts.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Complex problem solving, Critical and holistic thinking, Analytical skills.
- Positive financial analysis experience and the ability to resolve financial impact of recommendations and decisions.
- Knowledge and experience on SAP (or other ERP systems) and awareness of SAP Ariba Contract Management, Sourcing and P2P modules.
- Knowledge of procurement processes and financial concepts.
- Deep understanding of the legal aspects contained in supply agreements.
Reports to: Head of Center of Excellence (CoE)
Travel: 25% of the time
Base: Cambridge (UK)
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps