We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to defend a global tech company from the latest cyber threats? Are you a passionate, attentive Security Analyst who can join Arm's rapidly growing Security Operations Centre (SOC), protecting Arm from current and future cyber-attacks?
About the role
The role is a part of Arm's Chief Information Security Office (CISO) function and provides excellent opportunities; including technical leadership in response to a diverse range of security incidents, being a first point of contact for all security incidents as well as carrying out investigations. Using state of the art tools to help you carry out your tasks as well as a revolving period within Security Operations, you will have a major part in what you say and suggest. There has never been a better time to join a passionate and growing security team with a clear development and talent plan. As well as incident handling, you will be involved in transformation activities to identify key areas which will help to further improve the posture of the Security Operations Centre.
Why join the CISO team explained
We are at an exciting moment on our transformation journey. Arm has a bold vision to build technology that invisibly enables opportunity for a globally connected population. To achieve this, we are growing rapidly and developing new capabilities. With these new business capabilities, Arm is encountering new security challenges that require a thoughtful, adaptable approach to cyber defences and the detect & respond strategy.
- You will lead complex technical investigations into security incidents across a variety of environments, platforms and operating systems, driving resolution in a methodical and timely manner.
- You will coordinate and engage with internal partners, contracted security providers and/or law enforcement on significant investigations.
- You are the point person and mentor to junior analysts on technical investigations.
- You will liaise with the threat and vulnerability management teams on handling emerging cyber threats.
- You will carry out trend analysis, reporting findings to management and proposing process and technical control improvements.
- You lead threat hunting and threat analysis.
- Regularly review and develop incident response processes and runbooks to ensure a consistent approach in responding to current & emerging threats.
- Stay up to date with your knowledge of and understanding of advanced threats, continuous vulnerability assessment, response and mitigation strategies used in cybersecurity operations.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- You're experienced in leading teams of investigators on diverse and complex investigations
- You're confident in demonstrating your experience in directing technical teams and coordinating with senior stakeholders & executives during management of critical security incidents
- You possess experience with cybersecurity forensics tools and methodologies, IR planning and playbook development
- You are actively involved in threat intelligence and cybersecurity research communities
- You can demonstrate good leadership skills and ability to coordinate and direct teams of SOC analysts calmly and effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Previous experience in Information Security with a focus on Incident Response and security operations
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant technical data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols
- You possess an understanding of data privacy laws and legislation relating to carrying out forensic investigations.
- A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and the tools, techniques and tactics of Targeted Threat Actors.
- You have a solid grasp on the role of the SOC function, Incident Response (IR) processes and appropriate tooling.
- Experience with SIEM & IR Management tools.
- Host (Windows, Mac, Linux), network and mobile device forensics.
- Threat hunting.
What else might you bring?
- You are educated to a degree level or have equivalent experience
- Incident response qualifications desired e.g CISSP, GCIH, GIAC, GCFE, SANS Certifications, Cyber Incident Response (CSIRT/CERT).
- Desired IT qualifications : ITIL, CCNA, etc.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps