We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to defend a global tech company from the latest cyber threats? Are you a passionate, attentive Security Analyst who can join Arm's rapidly growing Security Operations Centre (SOC), protecting Arm from current and future cyber-attacks?
About the role
The role is a part of Arm's Chief Information Security Office (CISO) function and provides excellent opportunities; including technical leadership in response to a diverse range of security incidents, being a first point of contact for all security incidents as well as carrying out investigations. Using state of the art tools to help you carry out your tasks as well as a revolving period within Security Operations, you will have a major part in what you say and suggest. There has never been a better time to join a passionate and growing security team with a clear development and talent plan. As well as incident handling, you will be involved in transformation activities to identify key areas which will help to further improve the posture of the Security Operations Centre.
We are at an exciting moment on our transformation journey. Arm has a bold vision to build technology that invisibly enables opportunity for a globally connected population. To achieve this, we are growing rapidly and developing new capabilities. With these new business capabilities, Arm is encountering new security challenges that require a thoughtful, adaptable approach to cyber defense and the detect & respond strategy.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will lead complex technical investigations into security incidents across a variety of environments, platforms and operating systems, driving resolution in a methodical and timely manner.
- You will coordinate and engage with internal partners, contracted security providers and/or law enforcement on significant investigations.
- You are the point person and mentor to junior analysts on technical investigations.
- You will liaise with the threat and vulnerability management teams on handling emerging cyber threats.
- You will carry out trend analysis, reporting findings to management and proposing process and technical control improvements.
- You lead threat hunting and threat analysis.
- Regularly review and develop incident response processes and runbooks to ensure a consistent approach in responding to current & emerging threats.
- Maintain and employ a demonstrable understanding of advanced threats, continuous vulnerability assessment, response and mitigation strategies used in cybersecurity operations.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- You have experience in leading teams of investigators on diverse and complex investigations
- Demonstrable experience in directing technical teams and coordinating with senior stakeholders & executives during management of critical security incidents
- You possess experience with cybersecurity forensics tools and methodologies, IR planning and playbook development
- You are actively involved in threat intelligence and cybersecurity research communities
- Good leadership skills and ability to coordinate and direct teams of SOC analysts calmly and effectively in high-pressure situations.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security with a focus on Incident Response and security operations
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant technical data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols
- You possess an understanding of data privacy laws and legislation relating to carrying out forensic investigations.
- A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and the tools, techniques and tactics of Targeted Threat Actors.
- You have a solid grasp on the role of the SOC function, Incident Response (IR) processes and appropriate tooling.
- Experience with SIEM & IR Management tools.
- Host (Windows, Mac, Linux), network and mobile device forensics.
- Threat hunting.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- One or more incident response qualifications : CISSP, GCIH, GIAC, GCFE, SANS Certifications, Cyber Incident Response (CSIRT/CERT).
- One or more IT certifications: ITIL, CCNA, etc.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps