We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm defines the pervasive computing shaping today’s connected world. Realised in 100 billion silicon chips, our device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology transforming our lives — from smartphones to supercomputers, from medical instruments to agricultural sensors, and from base stations to servers.
Arm is now diversifying into the next wave of pervasive computing - the Internet of Things (IoT). To enable this business, Arm has developed a comprehensive and growing set of commercial relationships with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) all over the world. These operators and service providers are important partners and suppliers that form a key part of our proposition IoT proposition.
In this role you will provide a vital bridge between our global sales team and connectivity network partners - ensuring network provision is precisely aligned with customer solutions. Furthermore, as we engage with more and more MNOs, it will be important that you can lead and maintain positive and influential relationships with our network partners. You will also play a key role in developing Arm's response to RFP and RFI and help shape global sales strategy as result of your expertise in mobile and wireless network commercial trends.
This role will report to the Head of Commercial Development and will be based in Glasgow, Scotland.
Due to the international nature of the position, we anticipate that regular travel will be required - approximately 25% of time spent away from the office location.
You know the mobile industry and mobile operators. You enjoy making deals and seeing them through. You are attracted to a dynamic and creative working environment.
You love technology and how it changes the world. You want to be part of an exciting group of people that are enabling change. You have a strong commercial streak and enjoy linking up needs and capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Close engagement with Arm connectivity sales team, monitoring the funnel and influencing strategy
- Building and maintaining inter-departmental relationships within Arm
- Lead special projects related to the acquisition of connectivity to support specific sales opportunities (including bids and RFPs)
- Own and lead the tactical acquisition of new MNO supply partners
- Demonstrate expertise and understanding of special conditions of contracts and network coverage limitations, and typical MNO supply arrangements globally
- The translation of current and future sales demand into saleable supply of connectivity
- Ensuring supply arrangement are accurately reflected in our pricing strategies and billing systems
- Plan and drive mid to large size sourcing initiatives, including Requests for Information/Proposal/Quote projects
- Fine-tune the all relevant processes for management of connectivity suppliers
- Implement innovative and market-responsive contracts
- Lead strategic engagement with Sales to mitigate commitment shortfalls
Qualifications & Experiences Required:
- Bachelor degree as a minimum
- Strong track record of engagement with global MNOs (7-10 years of working in MNO wholesale and/or contract management roles or similar)
- Detailed and current understanding of mobile connectivity economics and prevailing price levels
- Good appreciation of mobile subscriber identity technologies including eUICC and iUICC
- Demonstrable project leadership skills having successfully delivered complex, global projects
- Experience in working in both complex, corporate and matrixed organisations, as well as high growth start-up environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to influence senior people
- Multiple languages, and a willingness to relocate to Glasgow, Scotland, would be advantageous
- You have strong negotiation and networking skills, developed through positive mutual relationships
- You are ambitious, commercially astute and a clear thinker
- You can develop concepts & strategies and communicate to a range of different partners
- You are able to develop strategy and execute against a plan
- You build strong networks, locally-regionally-globally, across Business Units and Functions
- You are a standout colleague, great teammate and look to share your knowledge and experience
- You can persuade and influence at all levels of an organisation
- You embrace and actively seek positive change
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Arm Glasgow office is home to teams from our Cloud Services division in our IoT Services Group (ISG). Glasgow enthralls with theatres, galleries and museums, bustling nightlife and shopping rated the UK’s best outside of London. You’ll find Skypark in Finnieston, Glasgow’s new business quarter. Set in the middle of the city centre and West End, Finnieston is a well-established, vibrant neighbourhood, home to some of the city’s finest bars and restaurants. It’s also home to Scotland’s premier conference venue, the SECC, and the city’s latest concert arena, The Hydro. The Riverside Museum isn’t far off, and the Science Centre and IMAX cinema are a short walk away, over one of the many bridges that cross the Clyde.
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
4A, Skypark 5
45 Finnieston St
Glasgow G3 8JU, UK
See on Google maps